GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Oct. 22nd, 2010

+20
LeCaptain
Jordo
caissie_1
Amnesia021
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
sens4win
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
spader
PTFlea
wprager
dennycrane
Flo The Action
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, I wasn't trying to be negative towards Elliott, it just is what it is.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You think he should get an optometrist? You do realize that he NEVER hits him in the head, right prager? He hits him square in the shoulder. You just provided the proof lol.

I hate Kaleta, he is a little puke, but this hit was clean and it's not right to attack the guy here.

Last edited by Big Ev on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:and yeah, I don't mind that hit. Might have been a "blindside" hit, but he didn't lead with an elbow and he didn't hit him in the head.

You guys are serious! Shoulder to the head, plain as day. Not shoulder on shoulder, then follow through to head. Shoulder to head, blind-side, text-book.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And for those comparing this to Foligno's hit, for the record, I wouldn't have minded it if Foligno got a game or two. Not at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

'Night, all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched it 2 more times. He hits him in the shoulder...NEAR the head, but he never touches the head.

Dean Brown is a blind homer.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Prager, why take a shot at my sense of sight? I'm telling you my thoughts, and the video doesn't change it. You are focusing on follow through. How does that make it illegal? Kind of hard to not follow through when you are hitting someone with momentum behind you and your body reacts to protect yourself and keep your balance.

I don't understand the total "blindness" Sens fans have when it comes to other teams.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His head never even moves for crying out loud. You'd think there would be some serious whiplash if he hit him in the head.

Are you confusing Kaleta with Chris Neil's knee? Sarcasm

Last edited by Big Ev on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And shoulder to head? Well that's easily Winchester's own fault for being so low on a stretched out play. So Kaleta shouldn't hit him? It's his job to hit.

Outstretched, head down, a known predatory player = recipe for disaster. Neil would do the same thing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Prager, why take a shot at my sense of sight? I'm telling you my thoughts, and the video doesn't change it. You are focusing on follow through. How does that make it illegal? Kind of hard to not follow through when you are hitting someone with momentum behind you and your body reacts to protect yourself and keep your balance.

I don't understand the total "blindness" Sens fans have when it comes to other teams.

The momentum is from driving his elbow towards Winchesters head. It does look like he missed but not for lack of trying,

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Oh man, I can't believe I missed this one. Not much else you can say about The Alfie.

How did Karlsson look? I mean apart from the two assists.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson was playing very well...he even looked good on D. Still needs work, butt hat is to be expected. Much better than the Karlsson of the first 6 games.

At least Clouston finally demoted Kovalev to the second PP unit in favour of Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Prager, why take a shot at my sense of sight? I'm telling you my thoughts, and the video doesn't change it. You are focusing on follow through. How does that make it illegal? Kind of hard to not follow through when you are hitting someone with momentum behind you and your body reacts to protect yourself and keep your balance.

I was not taking a shot at anything beyond making a joke -- take a look at what I said to/about Shabbs in the "Shabbs GDT anyone?" thread. Do you think I was seriously saying that he stinks in there? If I offended, I apologize but, please, if you offend this easily maybe we should get you a yellow non-contact jersey (that, again, was a joke).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I'm looking at this:
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Oct. 22nd, 2010 - Page 13 8823_210

Looks like elbow or shoulder about to contact head.

Poor winchester -- his head goes in one direction when Kaleta hits him, then on the way down Neil knees him and snaps it back the other way.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It just sounded like you were getting a little heated over the argument. I know you are not like that, so it came as a surprise. All is well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

from my perspective it sure looks like he was going for the head. when he got the shoulder he raised his arms to make sure the head would go flying. oh and it did.... i just hope carkner breaks his nose next time we face the sabres. Grumbling

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:It just sounded like you were getting a little heated over the argument. I know you are not like that, so it came as a surprise. All is well.

Heated? Argument? Me?

For the record, my nickname growing up back in the Motherland was "кипятильник". I'll save you the trouble of google-translating it -- it means "boiler".

I've mellowed, somewhat, since those days.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1st star - shabbs

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum