GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Oct. 22nd, 2010

+20
LeCaptain
Jordo
caissie_1
Amnesia021
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
sens4win
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
spader
PTFlea
wprager
dennycrane
Flo The Action
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Updated with potential lineups for tonight. Wonder if Hale will start and Lee will sit? We'll see... I'll try and update any news during the day.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Why else bring him up if you're not going to sit someone. Money's on Lee.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Updated with potential lineups for tonight. Wonder if Hale will start and Lee will sit? We'll see... I'll try and update any news during the day.

Man, I look at those lines, and the door's wide open for a guy like Butler to step in with Fisher and Foligno (provided that you keep the Shannon-Regin-Kovalev line together).

Look for another forward to get called up from Bingo, and soon, especially if we don't start producing some goals. Odds are on Butler.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:Updated with potential lineups for tonight. Wonder if Hale will start and Lee will sit? We'll see... I'll try and update any news during the day.

Man, I look at those lines, and the door's wide open for a guy like Butler to step in with Fisher and Foligno (provided that you keep the Shannon-Regin-Kovalev line together).

Look for another forward to get called up from Bingo, and soon, especially if we don't start producing some goals. Odds are on Butler.

Aren't we a bit close to the cap? According to capgeek.com we've got just over $340K, which would mean we cannot carry an extra player (at least not for the full season). Right now we have Kuba and Leclaire on IR so eve if we have a 20 man playing roster we're already over budget. Someone needs to be moved or demoted.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Aren't we a bit close to the cap? According to capgeek.com we've got just over $340K, which would mean we cannot carry an extra player (at least not for the full season). Right now we have Kuba and Leclaire on IR so eve if we have a 20 man playing roster we're already over budget. Someone needs to be moved or demoted.

Oh yeah, the 23-man roster thing is holding us back here. We've got 12 forwards, 8 D, 3 goalies on the roster right now. That situation has to change soon enough. Either Hale will work out and we'll keep him and ship Lee, or he won't and we'll demote him. And Lehner won't be here for too long (or if he is, someone else is toast!).

Still, given the current lines, there's an opening in our top 6 / 9, if you ask me, and it's there to be had for a guy like Butler. At least in the short term. Long term, we can move / demote money, if and when it comes to that.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I don't think they put Leclaire on the IR. But you're right. At some point they have to start either removing some dead weight or thinking long and hard about waiving a guy or two.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Call-ups are not the solution anyhow. The existing roster just has to pick it up. Gonchar needs to be the PP savior we hoped for, Spezza needs to be a PPG player, Karlsson has to be a step above "sucky", Fisher needs to produce...

Basically a slight improvement from everyone in the lineup should do the trick.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Leafs lost tonight... the good luck charm is already working...

I made a change too....who's to say the credit shouldn't go to me? Dammit!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Call-ups are not the solution anyhow. The existing roster just has to pick it up. Gonchar needs to be the PP savior we hoped for, Spezza needs to be a PPG player, Karlsson has to be a step above "sucky", Fisher needs to produce...

So what you're saying is, if everyone plays to the potential they can play to, that this team will be fine?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Z. Smith was sent down... so we're only carrying a 22-man roster.

EDIT: My bad... it is 23-man with Z. Smith down.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Is it me or from those d-pairings, every pair has one person on his offside?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Call-ups are not the solution anyhow. The existing roster just has to pick it up. Gonchar needs to be the PP savior we hoped for, Spezza needs to be a PPG player, Karlsson has to be a step above "sucky", Fisher needs to produce...

So what you're saying is, if everyone plays to the potential they can play to, that this team will be fine?

Not even. Just a slight improvement from what they are bringing right now. For example, Kovalev and Foligno should do something instead of nothing.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:

Careful about asking for credit before the game. If we lose, you might get blame instead of credit Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Z. Smith was sent down... so we're only carrying a 22-man roster.

Is that counting Kuba and Leclaire or no?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Careful about asking for credit before the game. If we lose, you might get blame instead of credit Smile

But they were already losing Sarcasm If anything, it had no effect. bah!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I thought the salaries of hurt players counted against the cap unless they were on LTIR. If that's the case, we don't get a break from either Leclaire or Kuba

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

Not even. Just a slight improvement from what they are bringing right now. For example, Kovalev and Foligno should do something instead of nothing.

Don't tell Kovalev, he thinks he'd doing just fine right now. Facepalm

But seriously, Foligno and Regin have been the biggest disappointments so far because these guys were supposed to help take some of the scoring load off guys like Spezza, Fisher, Alfredsson and Michalek. They aren't doing their part and that's why this team is in the Dung. Once everyone gets on the same page and people start putting the puck in the net on a regular basis and we can get any kind of consistency out of the defensemen (who should be a competitive group) then we'll be able to close the gap in the standings.

It could be a lot worse. This team isn't the case of an "if" it's the case of a "when".

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
shabbs wrote:Z. Smith was sent down... so we're only carrying a 22-man roster.

Is that counting Kuba and Leclaire or no?

With both those guys its at 23...and I don't think they put Kuba on LTIR (my understanding is that's the only way to officially take off a roster spot through injury and thus the cap space).

So in order to call up butler, they gotta send someone else down. Won't happen till Leclaire or Kuba gets back

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum