GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Powerplay Units: Is there debate?

+5
Ev
PKC
asq2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:As you say BigRig, whatever works. Remind me of this 20 games into the year and we'll see if Karlsson has been moved to PP2. I cannot see it personally. Gonchar and Karlsson were born to play together, I'm SO excited.

Actually, they were born like 20 years apart, so.......

17Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:As you say BigRig, whatever works. Remind me of this 20 games into the year and we'll see if Karlsson has been moved to PP2. I cannot see it personally. Gonchar and Karlsson were born to play together, I'm SO excited.

If anything, Karlsson won't NEED to be out there for full powerplays like last year. That confirms that the PP has improved dramatically on the back end before the puck has even dropped.

18Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:13 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If anything, Karlsson won't NEED to be out there for full powerplays like last year. That confirms that the PP has improved dramatically on the back end before the puck has even dropped.

Karlsson is our trump card this season. If he plays anything at all like he did down the stretch (and I don't see any reason why he won't) I think he'll outpoint Gonchar.

19Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Id have Gonchar-Phillipps and Kuba-Karlsson as the top 4 D-pairings.

#1 PP unit should have Gonchar-Karlsson and definately try Kovalev on it. He was on the #2 PP unit last year if I recall.

20Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Big Ev wrote:Here's mine:

PP1

Spezza-Michalek-Kovalev
Karlsson-Gonchar

PP2

Regin-Fisher-Alfredsson
Campoli Kuba

Alfie and Kovalev are interchangeable. Don't split up Karlsson and Gonchar, the second PP unit does not have nearly as much impact as the first unit.

I like this set up a lot actually. It forces Kovalev to shoot the puck a bit more on PP1 since guys are going to key in on the point shots and on Spezza. Also, if the point shot does get through Michalek's great around the net.

As for PP2, it's pretty much the same idea but less of a blueline threat. Alfie would run that PP but Regin can snipe as well. Fisher to bang in the junk.

21Powerplay Units: Is there debate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Powerplay Units: Is there debate? Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Id have Gonchar-Phillipps and Kuba-Karlsson as the top 4 D-pairings.

#1 PP unit should have Gonchar-Karlsson and definately try Kovalev on it. He was on the #2 PP unit last year if I recall.

Because he sucked though. I hope he's better, but he's a year older now. Prognosis = not that sunny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum