GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275

+3
asq2
PTFlea
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

1 year, 2.275 for Raymond.

2Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Makes the Foligno signing look even better.

Hopefully not a comparable for Regin...

3Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Raymond is also older, a better sniper and a much better skater than Foligno . Two different players, but definitely both worth it to their respective teams.

4Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didn't realize he had 25 goals, holy cow.

5Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, he's definitely a guy they can't afford to lose. With money tied up with the Sedins and Luongo, and that sick defence (top 4 at least), they need all the help they can up front and will heavily rely on their young guys.

I'd say they are still a defence first team though (Malhotra's signing would suggest that).

6Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:Hopefully not a comparable for Regin...

His goal and point totals are both almost double Regin's. If he's a comparable, it'd be in the sense that Regin should get a little over half of what Raymond makes.

Granted, Raymond's production was equivalent to Regin's in the playoffs, but in twice times as many games.

7Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:Hopefully not a comparable for Regin...

His goal and point totals are both almost double Regin's. If he's a comparable, it'd be in the sense that Regin should get a little over half of what Raymond makes.

Granted, Raymond's production was equivalent to Regin's in the playoffs, but in twice times as many games.

Leads us right back to the 1.2 million dollars ear-marked for Regin.

8Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Totally unrelated, but I'm arguing with a Flames fan now on HB who says that if Spezza went from Ottawa to Calgary he'd have a production hike of about 15 points (the exact number was going from being a 75 point guy to a 90 point guy).

In the course of the discussion he told me that Heatley and Spezza played more than half of the 2008-2009 season on different lines. I know Heatley played on the second powerplay unit toward the end of the season with Fisher and someone else, but I can't believe that statement was the case. Granted I don't have an eidetic memory from game to game, so can anyone here tell me if I'm wrong?

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread but it looked like it was going to be the case with a Regin discussion anyway.

9Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:51 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Totally unrelated, but I'm arguing with a Flames fan now on HB who says that if Spezza went from Ottawa to Calgary he'd have a production hike of about 15 points (the exact number was going from being a 75 point guy to a 90 point guy).

In the course of the discussion he told me that Heatley and Spezza played more than half of the 2008-2009 season on different lines. I know Heatley played on the second powerplay unit toward the end of the season with Fisher and someone else, but I can't believe that statement was the case. Granted I don't have an eidetic memory from game to game, so can anyone here tell me if I'm wrong?

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread but it looked like it was going to be the case with a Regin discussion anyway.

Heatley and Spezza played on the same line all of 2008-09, for 100% sure. The only time they weren't playing together was on the PP, for about the last 20 games or so. Maybe 25 games. Shortly after Clouston arrived, at any rate.

10Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I know there were times when whoever the coach(es) were at the time, that sometimes the big three were split up. I don't think it was for an entire half season though. Again, like you, I can't recall these things, hell I can't even remember last week sometimes.

11Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Totally unrelated, but I'm arguing with a Flames fan now on HB who says that if Spezza went from Ottawa to Calgary he'd have a production hike of about 15 points (the exact number was going from being a 75 point guy to a 90 point guy).

First of all - what is he basing that on? Surely not *just* basing that on Iginla when we had Alfredsson and Heatley. The Flames are one of the most woeful teams for scoring period, let alone bringing someone in and expecting it to increase, that's laughable.

Also, Phaneuf was a massive part of their team, without him smashing pucks from the back end on the PP - coupled with the Sens acquiring Gonchar makes the gap look like a chasm.

I find it very odd that someone would be claiming that Spezza would get an increase like that on a team like the Flames which has zero direction.

As far as I remember the Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson was together for 90% of the season, but NOT on the PP.

12Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think heatley and spezza were ever separated for more than a couple of games or so. If anything, Alfie used to be separated from those two.

13Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:First of all - what is he basing that on? Surely not *just* basing that on Iginla when we had Alfredsson and Heatley. The Flames are one of the most woeful teams for scoring period, let alone bringing someone in and expecting it to increase, that's laughable.

Also, Phaneuf was a massive part of their team, without him smashing pucks from the back end on the PP - coupled with the Sens acquiring Gonchar makes the gap look like a chasm.

I find it very odd that someone would be claiming that Spezza would get an increase like that on a team like the Flames which has zero direction.

As far as I remember the Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson was together for 90% of the season, but NOT on the PP.

I think he means that Spezza on the Sens right now is a 75 point guy but on the Flames with Iginla and Bourque is a 90 point guy. I think he's assuming that Heatley, rather than Alfredsson, was the most important piece for Spezza's production. When I said that the "aging" Alfie had a better offensive season than Iginla last year he dismissed it as "secondary assists to Spezza and Michalek." Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 270956

Anyway, thanks for letting me assure myself I'm not losing my memory/going insane.

Last edited by asq2 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I think he means that Spezza on the Sens right now is a 75 point guy but on the Flames with Iginla and Bourque is a 90 point guy. I think he's assuming that Heatley, rather than Alfredsson, was the most important piece for Spezza's production. When I said that the "aging" Alfie had a better offensive season than Iginla last year he dismissed it as "a bunch of secondary assists to Spezza and Michalek." Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 270956

Anyway, thanks for letting me assure myself I'm not losing my memory/going insane.

Laughing3 Holy trolly?

15Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Empty Re: Canucks sign Raymond to 1yr/$2.275 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Actually, I re-read his posts and he didn't say "a bunch of." So that's a misquote by me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum