GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks sign coach Vigneault to contract extension

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per TSN...

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292404

Vancouver, BC (Sports Network) - The Vancouver Canucks have signed head coach Alain Vigneault to a contract extension through the 2012-13 season.

Vigneault has spent the past three seasons behind Vancouver's bench and his current deal was set to expire at the conclusion of the upcoming campaign.

"This is a significant announcement for our hockey club," said Canucks general manager Mike Gillis. "Alain and his staff have done an excellent job leading our team to two division titles in three years. I believe strongly in the partnership between management, coaches and players and we are all committed to building a championship team here in Vancouver."

The Canucks posted a record of 45-27-10 last season, winning the Northwest Division title. Vancouver lost to Chicago in the Western Conference semifinals last spring.

In three seasons with the Canucks, Vigneault has a record of 133-86-27 and his .595 winning percentage is the most successful by a coach in team history. He won the Jack Adams Award as the league's top coach in his first year with the Canucks back in 2006-07.

"This is an exciting day for me and my coaching staff," said Vigneault. "I love working and coaching in this tremendous hockey city and look forward to continuing to build on our previous success."

Vigneault previously served as head coach of the Montreal Canadiens from 1997 through November 2000. He compiled a record of 109-118-35-4 before being replaced 20 games into the 2000-01 campaign.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum