GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Souray waived!

+11
CockRoche
Devo
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
Riprock
shabbs
SDH89
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Twitter is over capacity.

I can't get on Twitter. Anyone else having this message come up?

I hope it gets straightened out because I predict BIG things today. Particularly in Ottawa. Souray waived! - Page 3 235689 Souray waived! - Page 3 235689 Souray waived! - Page 3 805406 Souray waived! - Page 3 805406

My sarcasm meter just went through the roof. HOIVEN GLAVEN!!!!!

Souray waived! - Page 3 Sarcasm_detector

32Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:13 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Twitter is over capacity.

I can't get on Twitter. Anyone else having this message come up?

I hope it gets straightened out because I predict BIG things today. Particularly in Ottawa. Souray waived! - Page 3 235689 Souray waived! - Page 3 235689 Souray waived! - Page 3 805406 Souray waived! - Page 3 805406

My sarcasm meter just went through the roof. HOIVEN GLAVEN!!!!!

Souray waived! - Page 3 Sarcasm_detector
SSF is to sarcasm as Chris Neil is to WIN.

Yes. It had to be said.

33Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:The more I hear about this, the cooler it is. If Heatley didn't have a NMC, I would have loved to see the Sens do this. Cap space trumps almost any return you can get - maybe even trumps Michalek - although, I'm very happy he's a Sen.

Here's the thing that is great about that. While fans might be pissed that the team gets nothing other than cap flexibility, Heatley's all of a sudden faced with getting picked up by any team that wants him starting from the worst team (Edmonton lol), or accepting a trade elsewhere. Win-win for Ottawa, in a situation that has loser written all over it.

Had Ottawa been able to do that, they very well could have had Cammalleri.

34Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:59 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if leafs take a chance on him though re-entry, and then trade Kaberle. That would probably be the righrt move then.

35Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

meh.... maybe atlanta will give him a go.

36Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Souray cleared waivers.

http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/17659483589

37Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, at what point does his cap hit come off the books? Once he's assigned? Right now, he's on the roster and not assigned.

38Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, Edmonton will assign him to Springfield immediately. Cap hit no longer on the books.

Tell me that wouldn't have felt great to do to Heatley, huh?

39Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Edmonton will assign him to Springfield immediately. Cap hit no longer on the books.

Where did you hear that?

40Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If they couldn't make a deal before, I'm not sure how this situation makes it any easier to make a deal... and if they don't plan on bringing him up through re-entry, then assignment seems to be the only option.

41Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Edmonton will assign him to Springfield immediately. Cap hit no longer on the books.

Where did you hear that?

What else would they do? I heard no re-entry waivers for this guy.

42Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Where did you hear that?

What else would they do? I heard no re-entry waivers for this guy.

Well even if they assign him to their AHL affiliate- which is in Oklahoma City by the way- I don't think he would go. They will definately find a trade partner, it's only a matter of time.

43Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Well even if they assign him to their AHL affiliate- which is in Oklahoma City by the way- I don't think he would go. They will definately find a trade partner, it's only a matter of time.

If he doesn't go, then he's in breach on contract and the Oilers wouldn't have to pay him a red penny. Works out for them for sure - and if Souray knows there's someone who'll pay him 3.5 a year, he might opt out of Edmonton's contract by breaching it and then sign on with another team.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I can't recall seeing a guy who might breach to get out of a contract and the team wanting him to do it.

PS I didn't realize it was Oklahoma City. What happened to Springfield?

44Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you end up in breach, I don't think you can re-sign with another team... he'd end up being suspended, like Yashin was.

45Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

If he doesn't go, then he's in breach on contract and the Oilers wouldn't have to pay him a red penny. Works out for them for sure - and if Souray knows there's someone who'll pay him 3.5 a year, he might opt out of Edmonton's contract by breaching it and then sign on with another team.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I can't recall seeing a guy who might breach to get out of a contract and the team wanting him to do it.

PS I didn't realize it was Oklahoma City. What happened to Springfield?

Long story. After Anaheim's affiliate was suspended, they started using Syracuse, which was Columbus' affiliate. Then Edmonton moved their AHL affiliation to OK, and Columbus to Springfield.

46Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Also, since he cleared, aren't the Oilers able to re-waive him after a certain time period? I thought if you cleared waivers and were not assigned to the AHL after a certain time it is like you were never waived?

47Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:If you end up in breach, I don't think you can re-sign with another team... he'd end up being suspended, like Yashin was.

Oh Dung dude!

48Souray waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Souray waived! Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not picked up by any teams.... that's gotta hurt. so sourray maybe you could bank in russia?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum