GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream?

+18
SensFan71
BigRig
Flo The Action
Ev
LeCaptain
Hoags
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
beerandsens
SensHulk
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
stempniaksen
PTFlea
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 21]

1Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Might as well start a thread for this. With the Bs getting him to wave his NTC and with Savard apparently willing to wave it for Toronto or Ottawa (as per Sportnet), this could be a MOST important pickup for the Sens.

Do we have a chance in making Spezza, Savard and Fisher our Cs down the middle, or is that not happening?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Pipe dream.

I bet the only way we manage to snag him is if Spezza walks out the door (and I hope like heck that doesn't happen).

I really have no idea why they would trade Savard anyways.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dunno why they would. Neely (the real one) doesn't like him I don't think, that's the only way I can figure it.

Someone proposed Foligno, Kuba and a 2nd on HF. I would do that swimmingly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... interesting development. Not sure what we'd even package to offer up... he's got a 7-year contract.. $4M cap hit... 32 years old... I don't see him coming here at all to be honest.

Burke should be all over this. Re-uniting him with Kessell would do wonders for the Leafs. A vet for all the young guys. It just makes sense

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As with Horton to the Bs, Savard to Toronto makes so much sense it's scary.

The one holdup could be that Boston wants Toronto's pick next year to be as high as possible, and Savard does NOT help that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, with a couple of years of Murray as the GM, does anyone expect this kind of move?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Might as well start a thread for this. With the Bs getting him to wave his NTC and with Savard apparently willing to wave it for Toronto or Ottawa (as per Sportnet), this could be a MOST important pickup for the Sens.

Do we have a chance in making Spezza, Savard and Fisher our Cs down the middle, or is that not happening?

I would be like Crosby, Malkin, Staal-lite. Only with better wingers.

Pipe dream.

9Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:03 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It sounds good, but does the team really need him? If he retires after five years, great. Is it better to trade assets for Savard or sign Cullen at less money without giving up anything?

It only happens if Spezza leaves town as part of a 3-way deal b/w Ottawa, Boston, and Minny.

10Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:19 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

his contract is front end loaded, after 4 years he only has 2.5 over the last 3 years so a deffinite buyout in case he gets injured or slows down too much.

I would offer foligno, and kuba, maybe a 2nd. It is what Boston needs.

then sign michalek, cullen and campoli.
2010-11 NHL Salary Cap Calculator

2010-11 OTTAWA SENATORS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / * Peter Regin ($1.250m)
* Matt Cullen ($3.000m) / * Savard, M. ($4.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Bobby Butler ($0.900m)
Jarkko Ruutu ($1.300m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
Roman Wick ($0.625m)
DEFENSEMEN
* Michalek, Z. ($3.750m) / Chris Phillips ($3.500m)
* Andy Sutton ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($1.300m)
* Chris Campoli ($0.850m) / Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Pascal Leclaire ($3.800m) / Brian Elliott ($0.850m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 21; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $59.621m; CAP ROOM: $0.204m BONUSES: $0.425m

Last edited by 111519 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

11Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:As with Horton to the Bs, Savard to Toronto makes so much sense it's scary.

The one holdup could be that Boston wants Toronto's pick next year to be as high as possible, and Savard does NOT help that.

I don't think so. I'd actually look to Columbus now. I think they're willing to pay the price of draft picks for Savard. My money would be on them if Savard agrees to it.

I like Savard, and I wish we could have him if the circumstances were different. At 32, with concussion history and a looong Donkey 7 year contract term left, this just doesn't suit the sens' need. We already got Spezza who's much younger and less term on his contract. Also, Boston would officially be stupid to send Savard to Toronto. WHy ruin your chance at another draft lottery?

12Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 am

SpezDispenser wrote:As with Horton to the Bs, Savard to Toronto makes so much sense it's scary.

True. I still much rather find a LW anyway

13Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is "Savy" a Senator yet? Can he play wing?

14Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:his contract is front end loaded, after 4 years he only has 2.5 over the last 3 years so a deffinite buyout in case he gets injured or slows down too much.

I would offer foligno, and kuba, maybe a 2nd. It is what Boston needs.

then sign michalek and campoli.

Didn't know that. Thanks! That would make things very interesting for sure. I know this wouldn't be a popular decision, and I would be against it, but I bet the Bs want Bobby Butler in return.

15Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Empty Re: Marc Savard...realistic or pipe dream? Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 am

I'd prefer Carter or Gagne with Leclaire, Lee + going the other way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 21]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum