GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect?

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I think that the Sens can land a Kris Versteeg though which could help fill out our forward ranks a bit.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I would love to see Brian Lee traded today, but to be honest, I think Murray really intends for him to play this season in Ottawa. He's going to retrieve next to nothing in return if he trades now, and being a full-time NHLer can probably drive his price up a little bit more. Say he plays as much as Picard played....we were able to finally trade that waste of space.

I wouldn't be too mad at this honestly. Drive up his price..he knows he's got no future in Ottawa, its only a 2 ¥ear contract, and he wants a raise/stick in the nhl, so he's gotta make it count. Plus, say they package him at next year's deadline or draft. Judging from what we saw yesterday with trading our 16th overall (first time no 1st round draft choice) for Rundblad, I wouldn't be surprised at this.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I think that the Sens can land a Kris Versteeg though which could help fill out our forward ranks a bit.

Versteeg's price will be steep I think. People don't think too highly of Foligno it seems (not as much as us). They'll want picks from next year or two for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Lee will be on the first plane out of town if there is a deal. He's a Muckler pick. Assuming Campoli accepts his QO, would that be a one-way deal? If so, he's in the same situation -- can't be sent down. Does that make him more likely to stick around or more likely to get moved?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think it's a foregone conclusion that Lee will be on the first plane out of town if there is a deal. He's a Muckler pick. Assuming Campoli accepts his QO, would that be a one-way deal? If so, he's in the same situation -- can't be sent down. Does that make him more likely to stick around or more likely to get moved?

There's no way Campoli gets sent down. If he gets re-signed he's one of the five locks to be in the top-6.

Unfortunately, even if we do sign Z. Michalek, Lee is needed as the seventh defenceman, unless Wiercioch or Cowen step into camp way ahead of schedule - even then, unless they're ready for a regular position, it wouldn't make sense to have them sitting as healthy scratches instead of playing mega-minutes for Bongo and Spokane, respectively.

It's a pretty sad statement, but unless we sign two defencemen from free agency, we need our 2005 9th over-all pick to sit in the stands as an insurance policy.

Campoli was traded for a 1st round pick, there is no shot in hell he goes anywhere especially after the playoff he had, he was VERY good, better then everyone but Karlsson. He's a good D and he makes minimal money, he's still a long term project but with his speed, offensive ability, and a strong supporting cast, he could be easily worth that 1st round pick 2 or 3 years down the road, he might be worth that now.

Murray gave up a big piece to get him, no shot he gives up on him, especially when he's making a lot of progress.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not suggesting Campoli would be sent down, in fact, now that I think of it. I think he had a one-way last year. If we lose A-Train *and* Sutton that means we need Campoli *and* Lee in the lineup (I have given up on signing Michalek).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Come on Pulkkinen!

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum