GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect?

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:
PKC wrote:Why is Campoli always an afterthought when we talk about our D. After Phillips, he was our best defenseman in the playoffs last year.

That's a 6 game stretch. I remember him struggling to get into the lineup at times during the regular season. Hell, he pulled a Schubert and lined up at forward to get some playing time.

I don't think he's worthless, I just don't see him as a top 6 guy for very much longer on the Ottawa blueline. If you can package him up for a nice forward, why not?

That had more to do with too many bodies than it did with struggles. You'll recall too how hard he competed at forward just to stay in the lineup.

Why don't we package Cowen for a nice(r) forward?

Oh, I don't have a problem with his compete level. I just don't see a spot for him on the blueline going forward.

Cowen is a tough one. He could be the tough shutdown guy we'll need once Phillips rides off into the sunset. If the right deal came along though, I'd do it.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:
PKC wrote:Why is Campoli always an afterthought when we talk about our D. After Phillips, he was our best defenseman in the playoffs last year.

That's a 6 game stretch. I remember him struggling to get into the lineup at times during the regular season. Hell, he pulled a Schubert and lined up at forward to get some playing time.

I don't think he's worthless, I just don't see him as a top 6 guy for very much longer on the Ottawa blueline. If you can package him up for a nice forward, why not?

That had more to do with too many bodies than it did with struggles. You'll recall too how hard he competed at forward just to stay in the lineup.

Oh, I don't have a problem with his compete level. I just don't see a spot for him on the blueline going forward.

Cowen is a tough one. He could be the tough shutdown guy we'll need once Phillips rides off into the sunset. If the right deal came along though, I'd do it.

Be that as it may, that day is a long way away yet. Right now, he could be as good as Kuba. Campoli and Karlsson played Top2 minutes together with great success in both zones.

If Campoli gets squeezed it's because our Top 4 is so good that he will be a Top 4 playing at 5 - 6. That I can see.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he moves Lee and a 3rd for a 2nd today. That's what I think shakes out.

And unless he's REAL confident about Michalek (who knows if he's even interested...), I would try to acquire his rights today as well.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Think a package of Campoli and a pick could be used to acquire Penner?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:Think a package of Campoli and a pick could be used to acquire Penner?

Campoli plus next year's 2nd and Foligno maybe. Actually that seems like a lot. Something like that though.

On a footnote, I can't believe how Atlanta and Florida have torn their core down and are re-starting and Edmonton is sitting there not moving anyone.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Be that as it may, that day is a long way away yet. Right now, he could be as good as Kuba. Campoli and Karlsson played Top2 minutes together with great success in both zones.

If Campoli gets squeezed it's because our Top 4 is so good that he will be a Top 4 playing at 5 - 6. That I can see.

You said so yourself that he struggled to get into the lineup last season due to too many bodies. There may be room for him if Volchie (or a replacement) and Sutton aren't re-signed, but if they re-sign, he's probably looking at the same situation as last season. Like I said, if we've got room for him, sure, keep him, but if he's Schubert-ing, why not use him as an asset in another deal.

I for one really hope one of Wiercioch or Cowen make the team this year (or at least spend the year in the AHL). With Rundblad going back to Sweden, his ELC won't activate until next year at the earliest. My biggest fear is having to re-up 3 of our kids all in the same year. Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect? - Page 2 177374

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd move Foligno and Lee to Chicago this morning for Versteeg. I think that's fair value personally and we can absorb the 3 million. It means no Cullen though.

SpezDispenser wrote:I think he moves Lee and a 3rd for a 2nd today. That's what I think shakes out.

And unless he's REAL confident about Michalek (who knows if he's even interested...), I would try to acquire his rights today as well.

If he's that confident about getting Michalek, why even trade an asset. I'd say Ottawa has got to be on Michalek short list wouldn't you think? Same sort of thing as Washington with Volchie.

The HB queef was "reporting" yesterday that Volchie's rights were down to a few teams, with Vancouver and Pittsburgh being mentioned. I guess last night takes them both out of the running. Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect? - Page 2 395361

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd move Foligno and Lee to Chicago this morning for Versteeg. I think that's fair value personally and we can absorb the 3 million. It means no Cullen though.

Hmm, that's a tough one because Cullen is a jack-of-all trades. Versteeg though has some nice upside...If you can get that deal from Bowman, I think you have to take it though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
If he's that confident about getting Michalek, why even trade an asset. I'd say Ottawa has got to be on Michalek short list wouldn't you think? Same sort of thing as Washington with Volchie.

The HB queef was "reporting" yesterday that Volchie's rights were down to a few teams, with Vancouver and Pittsburgh being mentioned. I guess last night takes them both out of the running. Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect? - Page 2 395361

Just because I'm a little nervous about Michalek's worth around the league. Philly, SJ, Phoenix, Ottawa...almost anyone in the NHL could use this kid - and it could cause a bidding war on July 1. I'd rather get it over with, I value him a lot.

The Canucks may not be out of it, they have $$ to spend. Ahhhhh!

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Anyone like a Bobby Ryan? I sure would. Murray?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:Anyone like a Bobby Ryan? I sure would. Murray?

No chance on that one.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah right. Keep dreaming.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

29 other teams and millions of fans.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:

You said so yourself that he struggled to get into the lineup last season due to too many bodies. There may be room for him if Volchie (or a replacement) and Sutton aren't re-signed, but if they re-sign, he's probably looking at the same situation as last season. Like I said, if we've got room for him, sure, keep him, but if he's Schubert-ing, why not use him as an asset in another deal.

I for one really hope one of Wiercioch or Cowen make the team this year (or at least spend the year in the AHL). With Rundblad going back to Sweden, his ELC won't activate until next year at the earliest. My biggest fear is having to re-up 3 of our kids all in the same year. Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect? - Page 2 177374

My biggest fear is to have 3 rookies in the same year Which pieces will the Sens move to acquire a top forward prospect? - Page 2 432129

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think that the Sens can land a Kris Versteeg though which could help fill out our forward ranks a bit.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I would love to see Brian Lee traded today, but to be honest, I think Murray really intends for him to play this season in Ottawa. He's going to retrieve next to nothing in return if he trades now, and being a full-time NHLer can probably drive his price up a little bit more. Say he plays as much as Picard played....we were able to finally trade that waste of space.

I wouldn't be too mad at this honestly. Drive up his price..he knows he's got no future in Ottawa, its only a 2 ¥ear contract, and he wants a raise/stick in the nhl, so he's gotta make it count. Plus, say they package him at next year's deadline or draft. Judging from what we saw yesterday with trading our 16th overall (first time no 1st round draft choice) for Rundblad, I wouldn't be surprised at this.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I think that the Sens can land a Kris Versteeg though which could help fill out our forward ranks a bit.

Versteeg's price will be steep I think. People don't think too highly of Foligno it seems (not as much as us). They'll want picks from next year or two for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum