GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski

+4
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:That trade looks awful for SJ now, seriously. They are right up the creek.

Seriously though, that trade has handicapped them - which sucks because I like Marleau and Boyle a lot, but it's kind of pleasing to see at the same time.

They just signed a better, faster, smarter and more mature player for 600K less. They must be wishing they never heard of Dany Heatley.

And we have Michalek - who's 4.3 million would look a lot better than Heatley's 7.5 right now.

32Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I can see Chris Mason landing with the Sharks for a 1 year 1.5-2 million deal. They surely can't think Greiss is ready for the #1 job.
That's logical. He's serviceable as a starter and I don't know if Greiss is that great an option in the 1 slot.

Mason wanted 3 million from St.Louis, that's why they got Halak, will he lower his demands? For 1.5/2, that would be a bargain IMO.

33Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:What CAN they do? They have to ice a full team and re-sign Setoguchi. Or they trade his RFA rights, or hope for an offer sheet.

One of Setoguchi or Clowe will be moved, probably for a goalie I would imagine, or perhaps for depth players to fill out their lineup (didn't they go through this last summer too?).

Maybe they lose both come to think of it.

I hope they love Heatley, he's Diddling them up the arse.

And the hottest goalie properties are reportedly Schneider and Bernier. Since VAN and SJ have dealt before, there may be a deal there?

34Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Ottawa should help them out.

Boyle for Kuba. Done.

Leclaire for Clowe. Done.

Foligno + Lee for Setoguchi. Done.

35Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I can see Chris Mason landing with the Sharks for a 1 year 1.5-2 million deal. They surely can't think Greiss is ready for the #1 job.
That's logical. He's serviceable as a starter and I don't know if Greiss is that great an option in the 1 slot.

Mason wanted 3 million from St.Louis, that's why they got Halak, will he lower his demands? For 1.5/2, that would be a bargain IMO.

I wasn't really thinking "logical" in a numbers sense... Mason signing in SJ makes some sense.

36Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Yup, that's the guy I would have pegged to go there... him or Ellis.

37Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

All these trade ideas are good ones, but doesn't it skirt the real question: How the Diddle is Patrick Marleau worth almost $7 million a season.

What's Kovalchuk worth now?

38Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:All these trade ideas are good ones, but doesn't it skirt the real question: How the Diddle is Patrick Marleau worth almost $7 million a season.

Marleau's so good though, why do you say?

39Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:All these trade ideas are good ones, but doesn't it skirt the real question: How the Diddle is Patrick Marleau worth almost $7 million a season.

Kovalchuk was always going to get $8+ mil, minimum. Even his rather crappy stint with the Devils and poor playoff performance (which I predicted, btw) didn't do much to effect that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum