GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Renney promote; Quinn out as Oil coach

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Renney promote; Quinn out as Oil coach Empty Renney promote; Quinn out as Oil coach Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

RealKyper Edm will make a major change behind the bench; Moving ahead with Tom Renney as head coach. , Pat Quinn gone. Details to follow...

FriedmanHNIC Sounds like Oilers are making Tom Renney their new head coach.

dantencer Tom Renney is the new head coach of the Oilers...Quinn is now "Senior Advisor

RealKyper Thought is team needs to move ahead with Tom Renney while Quinn moves upstairs Complexion of the team youth is changing.

TSNBobMcKenzie Tom Renney named head coach, Pat Quinn steps down as coach, takes on role as sr advisor to hockey

FriedmanHNIC Can't imagine Quinn took this very well. When I spoke to him in April about coaching future, he was surprised I'd even bring it up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Losses will not only mount - they'll be even more boring to watch if you're a fan of the Oilers.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325378

The Edmonton Oilers have made their second coaching change in as many years, as the club announced Tuesday that Pat Quinn has stepped down as head coach to take an advisory role with the club.

Assistant Tom Renney will take his place behind the bench.

Details to follow.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I like this move actually. Its more lesser of two evils really, but Renney >>> Quinn for young players. Quinn was way too harsh on his players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum