GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horton on the move?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SUN-SENTINEL.COM: Steve Gorten reports agent Paul Krepelka, who represents Florida Panthers forward Nathan Horton, believes there's a good chance his client will be traded before or at this year's entry draft, slated for June 25-26 in Los Angeles. Horton's no-trade clause doesn't kick in until July 1st, and several teams have reportedly expressed interest, including the Sabres, whom Gorten claims has "serious interest" in Horton and might be willing to part with a top-two center like Tim Connolly or Derek Roy.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Looks like we'll have to keep a close eye on this situation in the days leading up to the draft. It's notable when a player agent suggests to the press a client could be dealt. Horton's days with the Panthers could be numbered

17Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 am

I'd take him. Don't care about attitude problems. Horton is the type of guy I'd like to have around come playoff time.

18Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:I'd take him. Don't care about attitude problems. Horton is the type of guy I'd like to have around come playoff time.

How do you know? I don't think he's ever played an NHL playoff game.

I'd still take him though, big dude, his numbers are usually pretty decent.

19Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://nhlsourcessay.blogspot.com/

Nathan Horton and the Panthers look like the will be parting ways very soon, The Panthers will look to move Horton at the draft. The Panthers 3rd overall pick could be packaged with Horton to make a pretty intriguing package for NHL teams. The Sabres have the most interest at this time.

20Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if a Spezza, Lee, Leclaire, Folingo for Horton, Weiss, Vokoun, and the 3rd would get Murrays attention

21Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if a Spezza, Lee, Leclaire, Folingo for Horton, Weiss, Vokoun, and the 3rd would get Murrays attention

We'd have to add on to that big time I think.

22Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if a Spezza, Lee, Leclaire, Folingo for Horton, Weiss, Vokoun, and the 3rd would get Murrays attention

There's just so many things wrong with that though.

Weiss & Horton > Spezza

Vokoun > Leclaire

3rd > Lee + Foligno

Florida gets robbed.

And it would look completely horrible for Ottawa to trade their goalie after only a year. Revolving door, anyone?

23Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:51 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:I'd take him. Don't care about attitude problems. Horton is the type of guy I'd like to have around come playoff time.

How do you know? I don't think he's ever played an NHL playoff game.

I'd still take him though, big dude, his numbers are usually pretty decent.

Exactly. Players with emotion elevate their games come playoff time and we could use the size big time.

24Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:

There's just so many things wrong with that though.

Weiss & Horton > Spezza

Vokoun > Leclaire

3rd > Lee + Foligno

Florida gets robbed.

And it would look completely horrible for Ottawa to trade their goalie after only a year. Revolving door, anyone?

Going on what has been posted in trade rumors and discussed about Spezza for Horton, Weiss and the 3rd. So adding in Leclaire gives them a young goalie to build on with Lee and Folingo adding another 2 young pieces that could thrive in Florida and off set Vokoun.

If anything I would add O'Brien to the mix to give them another prospect but that's about it.

25Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I know you were just going with the flow, but the flow is so off course lol

It's not going to happen

26Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I know you were just going with the flow, but the flow is so off course lol

It's not going to happen

Agree, one can dream....

27Horton on the move? - Page 2 Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That last update from NHLsourcessay suggest Buffalo could be the best offer rightn ow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum