GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horton on the move?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Horton on the move? Empty Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-nathan-horton-panthers-0617-20100616,0,529718.story

Sunrise —

Nathan Horton's agent said Wednesday he believes "there's a very good chance" the Panthers right winger will be traded before or at the draft next weekend in Los Angeles.

"It would not surprise me at all if he's dealt by the draft," Horton's agent Paul Krepelka said, adding that Horton's aware of the possibility. "If it happens, it happens."

2Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tallon said. "I think he's maturing. He's at the age now where he can take off and take it to another level. And that's what I'm expecting from him."

Intriguing quote.

3Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shouldn't this be in the "The Future of Spezza" thread?

4Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Shouldn't this be in the "The Future of Spezza" thread?

No thanks! Ahhhhh!

5Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Shouldn't this be in the "The Future of Spezza" thread?

No thanks! Horton on the move? 805406

All Tallon would be picking at 3 is steak, namely Gudbranson. I wouldn't be that shocked to see him go for Jason "Sizzle" Spezza. And Vokoun comes to Ottawa in that deal.

6Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL: Steve Gorten last night reported Panthers GM Dale Tallon isn't looking to shop goaltender Tomas Vokoun and contacted the netminder to inform him. Vokoun said Tallon told him he liked him and wouldn't shop Vokoun unless there was a deal which made sense.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: A trade isn't out of the question but it appears Tallon prefers to keep the veteran goalie around for another season. If the Panthers are out of the playoff chase by the trade deadline however I expect Vokoun will be moved then, although he'd have to agree to waive his movement clause.

That is a little contradictory to say Horton will be moved yet their GM says he expects big things from him. Perhaps he is trying to convince him to stay under his management?

7Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
All Tallon would be picking at 3 is steak, namely Gudbranson. I wouldn't be that shocked to see him go for Jason "Sizzle" Spezza. And Vokoun comes to Ottawa in that deal.

And Vokoun?

Spezza for Horton, 3rd overall and Vokoun? Who goes with Spezza? Leclaire I guess, Foligno, 16th overall, Brian Lee...
Thinking

8Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL: Steve Gorten last night reported Panthers GM Dale Tallon isn't looking to shop goaltender Tomas Vokoun and contacted the netminder to inform him. Vokoun said Tallon told him he liked him and wouldn't shop Vokoun unless there was a deal which made sense.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: A trade isn't out of the question but it appears Tallon prefers to keep the veteran goalie around for another season. If the Panthers are out of the playoff chase by the trade deadline however I expect Vokoun will be moved then, although he'd have to agree to waive his movement clause.

That is a little contradictory to say Horton will be moved yet their GM says he expects big things from him. Perhaps he is trying to convince him to stay under his management?

Why wouldn't they get something nice for him and use Clemenson and Markstrom? What are you gonna risk by doing that and getting someone like Jeff Carter back to go with 3rd overall. Horton would be gonzo too. And I'd sell him in Weiss.

There's so much to do in Florida, he's got a lot on his plate.

9Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I guess Tallon wants to win? And Vokoun gives him the best chance at that? Horton deal, if it happens, might very well be a one for one deal for another guy that is unhappy where he is.

Maybe Horton to Dallas for Richards? Brad gets to come back to Florida.

But if Tallon is looking to win now, which he likely is, he won't trade Horton, or anyone for that matter, unless he is getting a good deal.

10Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I guess Tallon wants to win? And Vokoun gives him the best chance at that? Horton deal, if it happens, might very well be a one for one deal for another guy that is unhappy where he is.

Maybe Horton to Dallas for Richards? Brad gets to come back to Florida.

But if Tallon is looking to win now, which he likely is, he won't trade Horton, or anyone for that matter, unless he is getting a good deal.

Oh yeah, it's on in Florida. He's gonna try to clean that craphole up. If Horton goes for Brad Richards, I'm crapping bricks. Brad Richards would be amazing in Ottawa, I'd be peeved we didn't get him frankly.

Yeah I can see Vokoun staying, but I still think he can trade a ton of these guys and start building this team the way he wants.

Problem with Tallon is: he's waaaaay too aggressive at times and he misses things that GMs are not supposed to miss (Versteeg, Barker).

No question he's like one of us on the sim. Laugh1

11Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

at least something interesting is happening.

12Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

via TSN:
Change is imminent in Florida, as Dale Tallon prepares to rebuild the Panthers and won't be afraid to tear about his existing roster.

Young forwards Nathan Horton and Stephen Weiss are among those available. In fact, sources say star forward David Booth, 20-year-old defenceman Dmitry Kulikov, and prospect goaltender Jacob Markstrom are considered to be Florida's only untouchable players.

Tallon is likely to be among the most active GM's on the trade front next week, and with his past history with the Chicago Blackhawks and the 'Hawks pressing salary cap issues, some believe Florida will be ready and waiting, if Chicago offers Kris Versteeg, or another valued forward to create some relief.

more interesting talk...

13Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SUN-SENTINEL.COM: Steve Gorten reports agent Paul Krepelka, who represents Florida Panthers forward Nathan Horton, believes there's a good chance his client will be traded before or at this year's entry draft, slated for June 25-26 in Los Angeles. Horton's no-trade clause doesn't kick in until July 1st, and several teams have reportedly expressed interest, including the Sabres, whom Gorten claims has "serious interest" in Horton and might be willing to part with a top-two center like Tim Connolly or Derek Roy.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Looks like we'll have to keep a close eye on this situation in the days leading up to the draft. It's notable when a player agent suggests to the press a client could be dealt. Horton's days with the Panthers could be numbered

14Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 am

I'd take him. Don't care about attitude problems. Horton is the type of guy I'd like to have around come playoff time.

15Horton on the move? Empty Re: Horton on the move? Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:I'd take him. Don't care about attitude problems. Horton is the type of guy I'd like to have around come playoff time.

How do you know? I don't think he's ever played an NHL playoff game.

I'd still take him though, big dude, his numbers are usually pretty decent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum