GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal

+3
stempniaksen
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just saw this on the Sens site.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=530211

- Unknown Author

2Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 pm

WOOOT!

3Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice. I like depth!

4Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Great depth move, he proved his worth to the organization in that limited role. Nice to have to security in goal in both Ottawa and Bingo. Lehner will be pushed down in Bingo which is important as well.

Good for Brodeur too, always nice having a job.

5Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He definitely earned that contract from his NHL play. He wasn't anything special for Bingo.

- Unknown Author

6Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think anyone was particularly great in Bingo this year though.

Look up and down that lineup and everyone seemed to have an off-year (other than maybe MSP and Keller)

7Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Their defense what BRTUAL. Next year it will be much improved and will continue to do so going forward.

8Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Wasn't this announced last wed/thur by Terry Murray on the scratches? He was on talking about the team in general and talk got to prospects. They discussed volchenkov, but that's another matter. He mentioned that they expected Bingo to be much better as they expect Lehner to be there (he's not going to back to Sault Ste Marie) and with the additions of Cowen, Weircoch, and Gryba the defense would be much better.

Add to that the young players like Butler, Bass, and the others they just signed then Brodeur and Lehner should have a much better team in front of them.

9Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:31 pm

People gotta start talking about Greening in terms of guys coming in. This guy will be one of the last cuts in the main camp this year and could perhaps push for a 4th line spot. He will more then likely end up in Bingo but he is absolutely going to be a player for them in The AHL at worst.

10Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

That's the other guy Murray mentioned that said they were expecting big things from. He pulled no punches when it came to the prospects. He really let fly (I thought anyway) on O'Brien and how disappointed the organization was with his consistency and progress. He said (paraphrasing) that he had some serious work to do this off season if he wanted to compete.

One last note, he also mentioned the Volchenkov was basically gone, but he expected to sign Cullen and said Sutton was a very real possibility.

11Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Sutton is a nice player, no problems with him if he is resgined at a decent price.

12Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if Brodeur is the next Michael Leighton.

Just sometimes Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal 270956

13Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Wasn't this announced last wed/thur by Terry Murray on the scratches? He was on talking about the team in general and talk got to prospects. They discussed volchenkov, but that's another matter. He mentioned that they expected Bingo to be much better as they expect Lehner to be there (he's not going to back to Sault Ste Marie) and with the additions of Cowen, Weircoch, and Gryba the defense would be much better.

Add to that the young players like Butler, Bass, and the others they just signed then Brodeur and Lehner should have a much better team in front of them.

He said that they had a verbal agreement, but that it wasn't official yet I believe.

14Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:That's the other guy Murray mentioned that said they were expecting big things from. He pulled no punches when it came to the prospects. He really let fly (I thought anyway) on O'Brien and how disappointed the organization was with his consistency and progress. He said (paraphrasing) that he had some serious work to do this off season if he wanted to compete.

One last note, he also mentioned the Volchenkov was basically gone, but he expected to sign Cullen and said Sutton was a very real possibility.

Oh, I take that back, perhaps I didn't hear the same interview. I would have remembered that about O'Brien. Why doesn't O'Brien just stay with the conditioning staff in Ottawa and work his arse off? What else does he have to do, suntan? This is a VERY lucrative career that he could have if he puts his mind to it, unfortunately it doesn't look good for him or for us right now. That's annoying as Dung, work harder O'Brien! What the hell? I had this guy pegged as a surefire NHLer when I saw him at the DC two years ago and now he's nothing but an afterthought.

15Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Empty Re: Mike Brodeur inks a 1 year deal Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I absolutely hate that they don't have a pod cast of the afternoon show...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum