GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators off-season talk

+29
rooneypoo
Urkie
The Montagoose
Devo
Sens4thecup
asq2
ddt
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
PKC
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
Hoags
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
SensGal
SensHulk
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

991Ottawa Senators off-season talk - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators off-season talk Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
N4L wrote:A big YUP to that one. They have Spezza just enough rope to hang himself this year and I think he did. His playoffs were concerning to say the least. He might have put up 7 points but he was awful and besides being out classed, he didnt work nearly hard enough to even give himself a chance. Like i said, he did himself no favours.

Spezza was guilty of trying too hard and trying to do too much by himself many times as well. Murray even said at one point I think.

Like I added above, if we lose a playoff series due to a giveaway by Spezza then we either trade Spezza or smack the rest of the team for giving up when one of the players makes a bad mistake.

If San Jose can win a series with Boyle scoring on his own net in overtime we should be able to win a series with a bad giveaway from Spezza.

Dung happens and teams have to come together and find a way to win when things go bad.

Not in Ottawa. It's the finger-pointing capital of the World!
Stickman

992Ottawa Senators off-season talk - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators off-season talk Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha, that's why I put that smiley in, I realize it now. Tongue

993Ottawa Senators off-season talk - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators off-season talk Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
I agree with a ton of that but what Boyle did wasnt a mental mistake, Dung happens. It was awful but that is something a team can rally around as wierd as that is, seems they did as well. What Spezza did was immature and irresponsible, it's tough for guys to actually over come that. There are sooooo many reasons why that was the absolute worst time to make that mistake and there was no excuse why he made it.

I'm not sure the type of mistake has any meaning, to me it's no different than taking a stupid penalty with 5-minutes to go in a 1 goal game and those happen quite often.

Lots of teams make stupid, immature mistakes at bad times and they still rally and find a way to win. That's what seperates the playoff winners from the losers.

994Ottawa Senators off-season talk - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators off-season talk Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Mental mistakes are a lot tougher to overcome then a guy tripping at the blueline or putting a puck in his own net. One you feel bad for the guy, the other you absolutely hate him at that point in time. There's a huge difference.

The type of mistake that is made is absolutely a consideration when you look at a play where a mistake was made. A guy doesnt get yelled at on the bench for making a physical mistake, mental mistakes, well it has costed guys career.

-------

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=4646

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum