GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+29
smash88
dennycrane
Bramlet07
asq2
M_Christopher
beerandsens
ddt
SeawaySensFan
Devo
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PKC
Tuk Tuk
Hoags
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensGal
Ev
sens4win
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

That was just me shamelessly throwing out a Lance Pitlick reference. And plugging the fact that we draft his nephew (I think it's his nephew) in the upcoming draft, lol.

497All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Well, thanks Caps, nothing like an unearned leap in the draft.

498All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Good job by Montreal (Halak) but I'm so pissed over us losing to the Pens and seeing Montreal advance ..... Dammit!

499All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Darn, makes me wondering what could have happened if Ottawa was able to get into the 2nd round with all the big dogs in the east being booted.

Would have been OTT/MTL. Diddle don't make me think abou that All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 489887

Would have been a great series.

500All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
Dunno Spez, Leonsis seems to be a very hands on owner, he won't take this loss lightly ....

Yeah, true enough, he looks like a common fan - and he looked pissed.

501All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I'm with ya, but I think something around these guys happens. More of an educated guess.

I heard that too, but that's just crazy. Burke would literally strangle Semin - and Semin's only got a year left, isn't that too high a price?

502All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anyways, regardless of what happens next in Washington, one thing's for sure in MTL:

All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 65556

We might even have a new smiley pic by tomorrow morning All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 270956

503All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burning Car Are they doing it? I meant to check.

504All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I'm with ya, but I think something around these guys happens. More of an educated guess.

I heard that too, but that's just crazy. Burke would literally strangle Semin - and Semin's only got a year left, isn't that too high a price?

Kaberle only has a year left as well. I'm sure there be be pieces added on both sides though.

505All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:07 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Boudreau is done in Washington. What a joke. They had a 318 goal, 121 point team this year and they lost to Montreal. How many game 7s have they lost in the last three years? Three now? Pathetic.

There is going to be a major house cleaning coming. The PP Dung the bed. They stopped scoring. They couldn't defend well. And even then, their GM decided to go out and rent some more scorers. Ridiculous.

506All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:16 am

Can we put the conspriacy theory, that Bettman controls the outcome of series, to bed now please.

507All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:Can we put the conspriacy theory, that Bettman controls the outcome of series, to bed now please.

Umm, no. Two things to consider:

1. PR trouble related to AO's reckless play and the whole steroid scandal.
2. Montreal is an Original-Six, storied franchise, 2nd only to the Yank$ in number of Championships won/bought.

Vancouver just hosted the Olympics, so most Americans should still be able to remember that. Plus I never said Bettman *completely* controlled anything. He/the league have their preferences, for sure, and the referees very likely know those preferences.

We can also take a look at which refs move on. They didn't have the same refs doing all games in a series. That was a bit strange, but game 7 was O'Halloran and Watson.

Pens/Sens game 6 was McCauley and Walkom, but that wasn't the worst game. Game 5 (triple OT) was bad, and so I believe was 3 and 4. I honestly don't remember more than that -- a defense mechanism, no doubt. It would be interesting, though, to see which refs make it through to the next round, which ones do not, and see if there is any correlation to how they refereed games involving the 'darlings'.

508All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Bruce Boudreau is done in Washington. What a joke. They had a 318 goal, 121 point team this year and they lost to Montreal. How many game 7s have they lost in the last three years? Three now? Pathetic.

There is going to be a major house cleaning coming. The PP Dung the bed. They stopped scoring. They couldn't defend well. And even then, their GM decided to go out and rent some more scorers. Ridiculous.

Boudreau will likely take the fall for this but, as you pointed out, the GM was a freakin' moron getting Corvo when they clearly needed defensive minded players.

Perhaps a guy like Semin is moved? I think A-Train is probably frothing at the mouth thinking about how much he can fleece the Caps now eh?

- Unknown Author

509All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:Bruce Boudreau is done in Washington. What a joke. They had a 318 goal, 121 point team this year and they lost to Montreal. How many game 7s have they lost in the last three years? Three now? Pathetic.

Boudreau will likely take the fall for this but, as you pointed out, the GM was a freakin' moron getting Corvo when they clearly needed defensive minded players.

Perhaps a guy like Semin is moved? I think A-Train is probably frothing at the mouth thinking about how much he can fleece the Caps now eh?

Yep, they don't need Semin, do they. He just went away in the post-season.

510All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 am

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:Good job by Montreal (Halak) but I'm so pissed over us losing to the Pens and seeing Montreal advance ..... Dammit!

Totally. Then again, Montreal had an entirely healthy team. Sens had Alfie and Phillips playing injured, and Kuba, Michalek and Kovalev out. That makes a big difference. And we had numerous disallowed goals just cuz. (ok, at least more than one).

511All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's the 4th time the Caps have blown a 3-1 lead in a series. Wow. And the first time the 8th seed has come back to beat the 1st seed.

I'm still amazed the Habs pulled it off. Halak played out of his mind in the last two games. Unbelievable.

512All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And all this after OV calls out Halak as being shaky in Game 2... wow... never ever do that...

513All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I got every series wrong in the East and every series right in the West. I'm going AGAINST my gut for round two in the East. Montreal and Philly in the Conference Final.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum