GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+21
Ev
sens4win
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
Spirou
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
SensGal
PKC
SensHulk
PTFlea
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW guys I have a post game analysis thread up if we want to break down last nights game more we can do it here. I'm making a conscious effort to tweet more so I thought we should have a new thread up to talk post game stuff.

http://bit.ly/b7e4PQ

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

It was definitely odd for sure, it seemed extremely slow, they gave him all the time in the world to get that shot off. Thank goodness they did, otherwise I'm not sure we would have scored there. He had to be sure that it was going to go in, smart play, but it could have definitely cost us.

He looked awesome last night, he single handedly saved us a goal too, very impressive.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW guys I have a post game analysis thread up if we want to break down last nights game more we can do it here. I'm making a conscious effort to tweet more so I thought we should have a new thread up to talk post game stuff.

Heh. Game 2 thread opened up before this one... and caught all the traffic... I suppose we could be like the "other guys" and close the original GDT and open a PGT... and then wait a bit to fire up the next GDT.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW guys I have a post game analysis thread up if we want to break down last nights game more we can do it here. I'm making a conscious effort to tweet more so I thought we should have a new thread up to talk post game stuff.

Heh. Game 2 thread opened up before this one... and caught all the traffic... I suppose we could be like the "other guys" and close the original GDT and open a PGT... and then wait a bit to fire up the next GDT.

meh.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

It was definitely odd for sure, it seemed extremely slow, they gave him all the time in the world to get that shot off. Thank goodness they did, otherwise I'm not sure we would have scored there. He had to be sure that it was going to go in, smart play, but it could have definitely cost us.

He looked awesome last night, he single handedly saved us a goal too, very impressive.

Patience and poise can look like slow motion some times.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah and patience and poise can make a goalie look awesome too as it sometimes provides them with just enough time go get a body part or a piece of equipment in the path of the puck. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

In this instance Karlsson looked to have used just the right amount of poise with a dash of patience. cheers

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?

Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabidoo.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?
This guy:

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Crfjs

Who can identify this guy without using Google...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?
This guy:

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Crfjs

I'm guessing Boschman?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?
This guy:

I'm guessing Boschman?
Well played sir.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

meh.
meh.

Source?
This guy:

I'm guessing Boschman?
Well played sir.

If not for the "C" I would have never guessed. Well, maybe I would have. GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 105237

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You could still have guessed but maybe you would have gotten it wrong without the C? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You could still have guessed but maybe you would have gotten it wrong without the C? GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 159628

Yeah, but if I don't know, I just don't guess so as not to look foolish. Mind you, even if I chose not to guess, I suppose I still could have... GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 49849

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:You could still have guessed but maybe you would have gotten it wrong without the C? GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 159628

Yeah, but if I don't know, I just don't guess so as not to look foolish. Mind you, even if I chose not to guess, I suppose I still could have... GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 49849
Man... those were tough times in Sens-land...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who Are We? Who, who. Who, who.

Out here in these fields (at the Scotiabank Place), we farm for our meals.

It's been two years in the making, we won't get fooled again.

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Kidsalright

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Of the young guys:

Smith - Did fine in his limited role
Winchester - See Smith
Foligno - See Smith
Karlsson - Way beyond what I expected. Fantastic game
Elliott - A bit of the jitters perhaps? Definitely can be better
Regin - Jekyl and Hyde. Scores a goal but scores 6 minutes in penalties

- Unknown Author