GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

That ridiculous scrolling affiliate panel thing.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I hate it. It takes up nearly half my screen (at work). Seriously is there not a less annoying way to advertise affiliates? If was was a guest and saw that, I wouldn't come back.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

No the nicest looking thing. If there was a way of maybe having the affiliates on the left that would be cool. Either way it doesn't bug me too much, just throwing out suggestions.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been playing around with it, fixing up the aspect ratios of the images. Now that I've got the hang of how it works I can certainly make some changes.

First, the logos are too large (they appeared smaller in the editor I was using and I only noticed how big they were when I checked out the portal page). There is definitely an opportunity to adjust the size that way.

Second, I'll take a lot at what the tallest logo is and make sure that none of the stacked pairs (one on top of another) are taller than the tallest vertical one. It might make the loop longer, but since we are scrolling horizontally that does not take up any extra real-estate.

Third, I'm thinking of slowing it down a bit. That might help with the CPU usage.

Lastly, the scrolling affiliates logos are only on the portal page. They are not on the main forum pages. While I was playing around with the options they did appear, briefly, on the forum pages as well, but they are now back only on the portal page (the portal page is the one you see when you go to gmhockey.com, and when you click on the portal icon next to the Home icon (the little 'P', but that icon may change as well).

I almost never go to the portal once I'm in the forum. I just use the "Latest topics" to navigate between the active discussions.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

That ridiculous scrolling affiliate panel thing. 235689 you lost me at 'playing around with'.

I swear I have a 1st grade intellect when it comes to IT

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

beedub wrote:That ridiculous scrolling affiliate panel thing. 235689 you lost me at 'playing around with'.

I swear I have a 1st grade intellect when it comes to IT

So do some of the IT guys I work with. Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum