GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are the 3 or 4 players in the mix for the Norris right now?

+5
PKC
M_Christopher
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a lot tougher than it sounds IMO - and will probably lead to some amazing conversations.

For me personally, it's Keith and Doughty as my 1-2, the third nominee is really tough though. Lidstrom has quietly had an incredible last 25 games, Green is a little weak in the defensive zone, but a killer on offence. Boyle is the straw that stirs one of the best teams in the NHL and Pronger is quietly having a renaissance in Philly.

I'll go with Boyle as the 3rd nominee right now, he drives the attack in SJ and when he was out, they were much less scary.

What do you think?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I can't see Doughty up there at this point in time. He's a great young talent, but I have a hard time believing he's one of the games best.

Right now I'd probably have Duncan Keith, Mike Green and one of Lidstrom or Boyle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe Weber as well, he's a champ.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I can't see Doughty up there at this point in time. He's a great young talent, but I have a hard time believing he's one of the games best.

Hmmm....he's been amazing every time I've watched him personally. I think he might be top 5 already - and he's got the numbers to back him up. Perhaps you're right though, maybe I'm jumping the gun on this kid, but if I was starting a team, he'd be my first D choice (I think).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doughty making it to the Olympics says a lot for me. I don't get to watch him much but hearing the Management team of Team Canada talk about him before selecting him gives me some insight.

- Unknown Author

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Doughty and Boyle have to locks at this point.

And the 3rd (2nd runner-up) is any one of Kieth, Seabrook, Lidstrom and ,to me atleast, Tyler Myers.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Duncan Keith
Drew Doughty
Dan Boyle

In that order. I think Keith is the runaway winner right now. Very interesting to see how quickly the change of the Norris guard happened.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I know people like to rag on Mike Green, but this guy is having a heckof a year and if he continues this pace they won't be able to keep him from getting Norris consideration if they tried.

That being said I still think Keith is the runaway winner at this point.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Volchenkov! All time NHL leader in blocked shots. He is the epitome of defenceman.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Numbers are important. I'm not a big fan of Mike Green, but his stats and +/- are crazy. Same for Duncan Keith.

Keith, Boyle, and Green.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Numbers are important. I'm not a big fan of Mike Green, but his stats and +/- are crazy. Same for Duncan Keith.

Keith, Boyle, and Green.

Two of those guys are anchoring two of the best defenses in the NHL and putting up close to similar numbers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Duncan Keith
Drew Doughty
Dan Boyle

In that order. I think Keith is the runaway winner right now. Very interesting to see how quickly the change of the Norris guard happened.

Yeah, it's pretty much a lock for the winner. Keith is having a crazy year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Volchenkov! All time NHL leader in blocked shots. He is the epitome of defenceman.

He just doesn't bring the offence to be considered. There should be a defensive D-man award.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Volchenkov! All time NHL leader in blocked shots. He is the epitome of defenceman.

He just doesn't bring the offence to be considered. There should be a defensive D-man award.

He's not even the best defensive defenseman on this team to be honest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
He's not even the best defensive defenseman on this team to be honest.

Oh...that's so highly debatable. He is in my mind - by a fair margin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum