GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 32]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I really want an Ellis/Elliott pairing as long as he's making less than $1.5 million. Too bad it won't happen POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 521674

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I really want an Ellis/Elliott pairing as long as he's making less than $1.5 million. Too bad it won't happen POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 29 521674

Ellis isn't proven at all yet, I would say he's in line for 2, maybe 2.5 MAX.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I know, but that's still too much money for a backup/#1b although still better than Leclaire.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I know, but that's still too much money for a backup/#1b although still better than Leclaire.

Thing is, Ellis would want a couple or three years and we have one more year of Leclaire - unless if we trade him sooner, then we'll know where we stand on Lehner after next season. We might have to get a Clemenson for one year, but we don't need Ellis for longer than 1 year.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I'm saying the same thing you are, lol. I would love him, but it just doesn't line up properly for us to get him.

But why can't we sign a guy for 2 or 3 years? It's not like Lehrner is gonna be ready in that span.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:I'm saying the same thing you are, lol. I would love him, but it just doesn't line up properly for us to get him.

But why can't we sign a guy for 2 or 3 years? It's not like Lehrner is gonna be ready in that span.

I don't know man...next year Lehner starts for Bingo I presume and it depends on how fast he develops. I assume he'd take 2 years to be ready, but stranger things have happened for sure.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

That would be a quick learning curve I think. I would give him 3 years in the minors, but I could be wrong. I just don't see the benefit of having a 21 year old playing 15 games a year. Keep him in the minors for all 3 ELC years and then we'll see where he's at.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:That would be a quick learning curve I think. I would give him 3 years in the minors, but I could be wrong. I just don't see the benefit of having a 21 year old playing 15 games a year. Keep him in the minors for all 3 ELC years and then we'll see where he's at.

No one can argue that because no one really knows where Lehner's at in development, but I think he plays really well next year in Bingo, then I think if he can dominate the AHL the year after, he's due for a call-up around December (to follow Elliott's trajectory).

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Difference is that Elliott is 25.
I like Lehner alot, but it might be a bit presumptious to assume the kid might be ready in 2/3 years. I think we need a buffer between Leclaire and Lehner, but that is down the road a bit, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Difference is that Elliott is 25.
I like Lehner alot, but it might be a bit presumptious to assume the kid might be ready in 2/3 years. I think we need a buffer between Leclaire and Lehner, but that is down the road a bit, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Perhaps, yeah. It's so difficult to say in this day and age now with kids making it at a lot younger age. The optimum thing would probably be for him to come up at age 22 or 23 - unless of course he exhibits the skills necessary to get the look in the NHL at age 21.

In theory though, you're definitely right. I keep forgetting he's 19.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave

Offers for Robidas "aren't good enough".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave

Offers for Robidas "aren't good enough".

You "aren't good enough"!!!! Dammit!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You tell 'em.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:You tell 'em.

Actually Dallas_Dave posted that Volchenkov was going to be re-signed and that was taken down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You tell 'em.

Actually Dallas_Dave posted that Volchenkov was going to be re-signed and that was taken down.

Yeah, he had that wrong. Grossman's client who re-signed was obviously Renne. Too bad, he's right on most of the time, would have been nice.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Well, Travis Yost over at HB claims his source is saying a deal between Ottawa and Dallas are on and speculates that it's Robidas Ottawa's interested in. Maybe this deal really does happen.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/SOURCE-Dallas-Ottawa-in-Talks/134/26572

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:Well, Travis Yost over at HB claims his source is saying a deal between Ottawa and Dallas are on and speculates that it's Robidas Ottawa's interested in. Maybe this deal really does happen.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/SOURCE-Dallas-Ottawa-in-Talks/134/26572

Source?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez, yes please on Robidas. Natural replacement for Volchenkov - and he's better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum