GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 Worst contracts in the NHL

+6
dennycrane
Riprock
SensGirl11
PKC
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1610 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Brian Campbell....great money for being the #4 or 5 d-man on your team. I'm so happy Bryan Murray walked away from that guy.

It looks like he made another good decision on walking away from signing a UFA to insane money and term. Plus, we already have our own replacement, albeit without the top end point production that Campbell has yet, for much cheaper.

And I'm fairly confident in saying that Karlsson is going to be a significantly better offensive defenseman than Campbell going forward.

1710 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Bouwmeester's looking just as bad as Soupy as well. Awful game last night to go with his awful season.

1810 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Bouwmeester's looking just as bad as Soupy as well. Awful game last night to go with his awful season.

I tweeted yesterday "anyone who didn't know why JayBo didn't make TC should watch tonight's game against Ottawa"
It's looking like he's a bust in Calgary so far. Somewhat premature to label him that, but everyone was saying, wait until he's on a better team with better players around him, then he's really gonna shine...not so much, so far.

1910 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Wade Redden.
2.Wade Redden.
3.Wade Redden.

continue

2010 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Sutter is hampering J Bo's skills though.

For him to suddenly suck going to the Flames ... gotta wonder.

2110 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Wade Redden
2.Scott Gomez
3.Jeff Finger
4.Mike Commodore
5.Rostislav Olesz
6.Chris Drury
7.Huet
8.Horcoff
9.Nylander
10.Martin Erat/Cheechoo

I DO NOT believe Cheechoo was the third worst signing - especially at 3 million coming off ridiculous seasons. At the time I thought it was a rip off - for HIM.

I don't agree with Briere either. That guys is a sparkplug and one of the best passers in the league. His healthy has been an issue, but he's a great player.

2210 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:1.Wade Redden
2.Scott Gomez
3.Jeff Finger
4.Mike Commodore
5.Rostislav Olesz
6.Chris Drury
7.Huet
8.Horcoff
9.Nylander
10.Martin Erat/Cheechoo/

I DO NOT believe Cheechoo was the third worst signing - especially at 3 million coming off ridiculous seasons. At the time I thought it was a rip off - for HIM.

I don't agree with Briere either. That guys is a sparkplug and one of the best passers in the league. His healthy has been an issue, but he's a great player.
10.Martin Erat/Cheechoo/cambell

2310 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:
2.Scott Gomez
3.Jeff Finger
4.Mike Commodore
5.Rostislav Olesz
6.Chris Drury
7.Huet
8.Horcoff
9.Nylander
10.Martin Erat/Cheechoo/

10.Erat/Cheechoo/Campbell/Bouwmeester

2410 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 am

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:
2.Scott Gomez
3.Jeff Finger
4.Mike Commodore
5.Rostislav Olesz
6.Chris Drury
7.Huet
8.Horcoff
9.Nylander
10.Martin Erat/Cheechoo/

10.Erat/Cheechoo/Campbell/Bouwmeester
this could go on for a very long time
did cheech get offered his contract before or after his 50 goal season ?

2510 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

After his 50 goal season. I still don't agree he should be up there. That's like saying DiPietro isn't worth 4.5 a year because he's oft injured.

2610 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 am

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

he would probably only get 2 million now on a contract if he was playing the way he was now

2710 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:he would probably only get 2 million now on a contract if he was playing the way he was now

If you're talking about Cheechoo and you mean 1 million dollars flat, then yeah, I agree.

2810 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Briere is the 3rd best center on that team and is nowhere near worth the amount of money he got. A stupid signing, especially with his injury history. Not 3rd worst on the list, but I bet the Flyers would love that cap space back.

2910 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's worth the money, he's a PPG player who's having a crappy year. The Flyers would be lucky to trade him - and Briere would be lucky to go somewhere where he's the number one. Buffalo perhaps?

3010 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The list does prove that Glen Sather is the worst GM in hockey. He's living on borrowed time with Gaborik as well, IMO.

3110 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:The list does prove that Glen Sather is the worst GM in hockey. He's living on borrowed time with Gaborik as well, IMO.

Worst GM....also see Mike Milbury or John Ferguson Jr. 10 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 62136

3210 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:The list does prove that Glen Sather is the worst GM in hockey. He's living on borrowed time with Gaborik as well, IMO.

He's an idiot. It's like he's playing a video game.

3310 Worst contracts in the NHL - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:08 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Worst currently employed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum