GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED)

+24
asq2
sens4win
Vandelay
Phoenix30
wprager
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
Hoags
andyman998
KubaTrooper
SensHulk
jamvan
dennycrane
PTFlea
BigRig
SDH89
Riprock
garblar
beerandsens
caissie_1
Hayden
rooneypoo
PKC
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:I am really curious to see what the Leafs got to give up to get Dion

UPDATE: Toronto trades Ian White and Matt Stajan to Calgary for Dion Phaneuf

where did you see that?

PKC wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:I am really curious to see what the Leafs got to give up to get Dion

WOW, that is a good deal for the Leaves. Crap, I was hoping the blow hard was going to get fleeced... Kaberle plus was my initial guess.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

garblar wrote:
PKC wrote:

where did you see that?

Man, Twitter is a gold mine friends. If you don't use it, do.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

If that's true, that's a f'ing steal, and I'll be pissed as an OTT fan. I hope we did our due diligence on Phaneuf!

Anyway, all this can't be true. With Phaneuf and Giguere coming and Stajan, White, and Toskala going, the money doesn't work out... puts the leafs about $6 mil over the cap, LOL!

I hope that's not true because that's a good trade for The Leafs. Although, if thats what they are giving up for Phanuef they cant have a lot of faith in the guy especially considering the Sutters are very close with Phanuef.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dreger's latest:

"
when asked if Stajan and Hagman are main pieces in Phaneuf trade, source says "its bigger than that."

Thought so! Kaberle for sure.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I hope that's not true because that's a good trade for The Leafs. Although, if thats what they are giving up for Phanuef they cant have a lot of faith in the guy especially considering the Sutters are very close with Phanuef.

Rumor is Calgary is gearing up for an enormous push for Kovalchuk...talk about dominoes.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Dreger's latest:

"
when asked if Stajan and Hagman are main pieces in Phaneuf trade, source says "its bigger than that."

Thought so! Kaberle for sure.

I'll update the thread title as I hear more.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am so lost... go to Leafstv website and it is a video for an NCAA hockey game and somewhere I hear Brian Burke talking but I have no idea where he is coming from.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Not to discourage PKC's hard work here, but I think some of his Twitter sources may be a little off...

Phaneuf is a major piece. TOR will have to move a major piece to acquire me. Stajans and Hagmans and Whites will not do. After Kaberle and Kessel, I don't think the Leafs have anything that could return a Phaneuf.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Not to discourage PKC's hard work here, but I think some of his Twitter sources may be a little off...

Phaneuf is a major piece. TOR will have to move a major piece to acquire me. Stajans and Hagmans and Whites will not do. After Kaberle and Kessel, I don't think the Leafs have anything that could return a Phaneuf.

Sorry guys, I'm trying my best to keep everyone in the loop.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

This is crazy

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Not to discourage PKC's hard work here, but I think some of his Twitter sources may be a little off...

No, no, not blaming you PKC -- I can imagine the info is coming in a mile a minute. I'm just raising the plausibility / BS alarm before we OTT fans (myself included) start panicking and asking, "why didn't we send Lee/Foligno for Phaneuf?"

Leafs will have had to move big pieces to get big pieces, that's all.

Keep up the good work, my friend. Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 85287

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Louie Caparousso is playing on Leafstv right now

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dreger:

Phaneuf, Sjostrom and Auley to Toronto for Hagman, Stajan, Mayers and white!!

I want to puke!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:

No, no, not blaming you PKC -- I can imagine the info is coming in a mile a minute. I'm just raising the plausibility / BS alarm before we OTT fans (myself included) start panicking and asking, "why didn't we send Lee/Foligno for Phaneuf?"

Leafs will have had to move big pieces to get big pieces, that's all.

Keep up the good work, my friend. Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 85287

Thanks. I'm getting 100s of updates per second right now off Twitter. Keeping up is impossible.

Great move by Burke. Anyone who thought he was just going to sit around and let a division rival draft in the top 5 off his back was Diddling challenged.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SDH89 wrote:This is crazy

100% agreee...

like Wow, was Murray even aware/in on this? I'd be curious to know if Murray inquired too...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Diddle - you have to be kidding me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum