GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED)

+24
asq2
sens4win
Vandelay
Phoenix30
wprager
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
Hoags
andyman998
KubaTrooper
SensHulk
jamvan
dennycrane
PTFlea
BigRig
SDH89
Riprock
garblar
beerandsens
caissie_1
Hayden
rooneypoo
PKC
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

I posted this in the other thread, but the conversation is hopping here, so...

As best as I can figure it, here's how the Leafs' forward lineup now looks. Inside the "top 6," you have:

Kessel, Blake, Grabovski, Kulemin, Bozak, and Poni, I guess?

Meanwhile, in their bottom 6, you have:

Stempniak, Primeau, Sjostrom, Orr, Wallin, Rosehill, and Mitchell.

Looks like a winner to me! LOL. Honestly, can you even make a line out of that top 6 that would be a 2nd line on any other team?

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Fridman is saying Toronto will get a 1st rounder. Who is Anaheim's GM? What the Diddle?

It's their owner, getting eight million dollars in salary relief, who would have carried Giguere on his back to Toronto for that amount of money.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Dreger Twitter: Blake and Toskala to ANA for Giguere

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Which is why it's obvious to me that the Leafs will now trade Phaneuf, Giguere and Grabovski for Kovalchuk and ride it out with the Monster in between the pipes

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Giguere to Toronto for Toskala and Jason Blake. Done!!

no draft pick ...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

2 for one officially announced by Burke.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

New top 6 = Kessel, Grabovski, Kulemin, Bozak, Stempniak and Poni?

Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 489887

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Dreger Twitter: Blake and Toskala to ANA for Giguere

That's a little more like it. No first, but TOR gets rid of Blake's salary. I knew TOR would have to send $ out to make this work.

Like the deal for TOR. Not sure I entirely understand it from ANA's point of view, tho'. I guess the thinking is that they'll at least get some use out of Blake, whereas it was clear that Hiller had totally displaced Giguere.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Dreger Twitter: Blake and Toskala to ANA for Giguere

That's a little more like it. No first, but TOR gets rid of Blake's salary. I knew TOR would have to send $ out to make this work.

Like the deal for TOR. Not sure I entirely understand it from ANA's point of view, tho'. I guess the thinking is that they'll at least get some use out of Blake, whereas it was clear that Hiller had totally displaced Giguere.

Well they signed Hiller yesterday to that long-term contract. I'm guessing Giggy saw the end and was more adamant for this to happen as well. Essentially they get a little more scoring for a goalie who in the end wants out anyways.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Toronto has gotta do something upfront - this crop does not cut it. And the idea that they can flip Phaneuf and Giguere for Kovalchuk is ridiculous.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Toronto can't get Kovalchuk. The only chance they have is in the off-season, which then would require Phaneuf to be traded somewhere as a salary dump....which could be possible.

It would make more sense to trade phaneuf for a 1st rounder somehow, and then approach Kovalchuk in the off-season or something. But my guess is that dion is here to stay in leaf land.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane a I were just musing about how rotten Phaneuf must be on the inside. This must be the true definition of a cancer on a hockey team - no one would trade a young guy with that much upside because he's 'struggling'.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice trade for both sides. Think of the options this give Anaheim up front.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

This is slightly off topic, but the score is saying that the B's have 9 draft picks in the first two rounds over the next two years. That's pretty insane.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Toronto has gotta do something upfront - this crop does not cut it. And the idea that they can flip Phaneuf and Giguere for Kovalchuk is ridiculous.

And absolutely a joke Update: Leafs acquire Phaneuf + 2 others for Hagman, Stajan, White and Mayers (CONFIRMED) + Giguere for Blake and Toskala (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 42833

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Phanuef situation is almost identical to Spezza, so for everyone who wants to trade him the return would be pretty similar. Would anyone make that deal?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza, Shannon, Cowen for 4 plugs? no thanks.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:Phanuef situation is almost identical to Spezza, so for everyone who wants to trade him the return would be pretty similar. Would anyone make that deal?

Rule #1 in all trade Spezza scenarios: don't deal with a team that doesn't have a 1st round draft pick AND next to no desireable players on its roster. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum