GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad Times in Leaf Nation

+13
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SDH89
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Well, that further degenerates Toronto's top 6...

92Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:Well, that further degenerates Toronto's top 6...

And give Boston a Diddling Taylor Hall.

Tabarnak!

93Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Can the Leafs call up Kadri? Is it fair to London, and is it even possible?

I doubt they have the cap space. Kadri's ELC is for the max allowable -- $3.75 mil or whatever.

Wouldn't it depend on *what* the bonuses are? Plus the whole bonus cushion thing.

94Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:

Tabarnak!

I'm not that sure. Blake+Toskala for Giguere saves $2M. Kadri's ELC is only $1.75M + $850K bonus.

95Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Tabarnak!

I'm not that sure. Blake+Toskala for Giguere saves $2M. Kadri's ELC is only $1.75M + $850K bonus.

Do you expect Kadri, a 18/19 year old rookie to outplay Hagman, Stajan and Blake?

96Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blake has the same number of goals as Kelly, so, yeah, I think Kadri can outplay him.

97Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Blake has the same number of goals as Kelly, so, yeah, I think Kadri can outplay him.

Hagman and Stajan have a combined 36 goals and and 74 points.
THat's a FIsher + Michalek territory^^.

Ian White has more points than Phaneuf and is better defensively.
and Toskala has played as many games as Giguere, while being injured.

Yeah, I get the Phaneuf love, long term, but this year, no way they play better than the 1st part of the season.

98Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:Can the Leafs call up Kadri? Is it fair to London, and is it even possible?

I doubt they have the cap space. Kadri's ELC is for the max allowable -- $3.75 mil or whatever.

I just figured it out, you were thinking of Bozak.

99Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

if toronto is seriously building around phaneuf and kessel I don't know what to say.

I honestly feel bad for leaf fans right now.

100Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ponikarovsky
kessel
kulemin
grabovski
mitchell
primeau
orr
stalberg
bozak
rosehill
wallin
hanson

Holy Dung Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 270956

101Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:ponikarovsky
kessel
kulemin
grabovski
mitchell
primeau
orr
stalberg
bozak
rosehill
wallin
hanson

Holy Dung Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 270956

some nice depth you have there Laughing3

102Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

komisarek is still injured and will be for a while there so far from playoffs its funny

103Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:03 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Tabarnak!

The max salary you can pay a player on an ECL is $850K. The other $1 mil or whatever is bonus. As far as I can tell, all players on ELC's collect their bonuses simply by playing.

I did mis-speak with the "almost $4 mil" comment. I was thinking of Bozak's deal, which is super inflated.

104Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:04 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I just figured it out, you were thinking of Bozak.

Yep, exactly. I knew Burke massively overpaid one of his young guys. Smile

105Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, back to the original question: Can and will the Leafs call up Kadri? They obviously will do what's best for them, which means if they can call him up, they will, but it screws London over and they may not be too happy losing their top scorer heading into the playoffs. Though it really doesn't matter in the long run, Windsor is going to repeat.

106Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

just looked at how many points the leafs just traded away holy crap those guys had a lot of points
and just saying but kupa has as many points as phaneuf hehe

107Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:47 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:So, back to the original question: Can and will the Leafs call up Kadri? They obviously will do what's best for them, which means if they can call him up, they will, but it screws London over and they may not be too happy losing their top scorer heading into the playoffs. Though it really doesn't matter in the long run, Windsor is going to repeat.
im from london and i would be fine if they took kadri he doesn't even play on our top line, he does seem to score most nights though we have already traded most of our good players philip mcrae ( not sure how to spell his name )

108Bad Times in Leaf Nation - Page 7 Empty Re: Bad Times in Leaf Nation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:just looked at how many points the leafs just traded away holy crap those guys had a lot of points
and just saying but kupa has as many points as phaneuf hehe

Ian White has more points that Phaneuf, on the 2nd PP unit...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum