GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The answer to the Sens woes?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The answer to the Sens woes? Empty The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just so we're clear I'm being sarcastic.

Apparently a Canucks fan was trying to distract Kipper with a lazer pointer last game. It didn't work out for him as the Flames ended up winning in a shootout though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305553

Any volunteers for this task on the Sens road trip would be welcome though of course. The answer to the Sens woes? 159628

The more the better. We wouldn't want them to catch you and ruin our plans. The answer to the Sens woes? 62136

- Unknown Author

2The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I saw that on TV yesterday, friggin' hilarious! They couldn't figure out who it was.

3The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Couple of things:

1. The NHL will crack down on this quickly by instituting something like a bench minor for the home team if the idiot can't be found quickly. Of course given our goaltending woes, a Sens fan could go on the road and try to get an extra PP for the boys. Not that it would matter much given our desire to catch the Penguins in that particular category.

2. It's LASER*: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

* No "finger quotes" tag, dang it.

4The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Couple of things:

1. The NHL will crack down on this quickly by instituting something like a bench minor for the home team if the idiot can't be found quickly. Of course given our goaltending woes, a Sens fan could go on the road and try to get an extra PP for the boys. Not that it would matter much given our desire to catch the Penguins in that particular category.

So then a LAZER pointer would be fine then? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

5The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Couple of things:

I heard about the penalty thing when they were talking about it. The only problem there is there are more Leafs and Habs fans at our games then there are Sens fans (our problem of course). But, how is that fair if they give the penalty to our team if it isn't even our fans doing it? That would get frustrating very quickly. Same for Leafs and Habs, the Habs fans also from what I hear fill the Leafs arena. It's the same for the west and certain teams there. I guess in that case it would be fair? I have no idea, it's a good idea to give the penalty but at the same time it's not because it will mostly be opposing teams fans doing to give their team a powerplay. I don't know how they can fix this problem. (it's not a problem yet but it certainly will be very soon)

6The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. You can't have a bench minor for this. A hefty fine to the team itself for allowing the guy in with a LaSer pointer might be the way to go. Of course policing this problem could be difficult.

- Unknown Author

7The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The solution: Spartacat with a light sabre, deflecting back the laser beams.

8The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The solution: Spartacat with a light sabre, deflecting back the laser beams.

It would have to be a sword. To me it seems too weird having Starwars mixed up with the whole spartacus angle they went with when creating Spartacat. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

9The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm

The answer to the Sens woes is negotiating on relative size of the nets. Our offensively challenged group should petition the other team to increase their net by one inch all around while we request a reduction in the size of our net based on the fact that we garauntee a free 'weak goal' per game.

10The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:The answer to the Sens woes is negotiating on relative size of the nets. Our offensively challenged group should petition the other team to increase their net by one inch all around while we request a reduction in the size of our net based on the fact that we garauntee a free 'weak goal' per game.

Better yet make the opposition play without a goalie for one period. Laugh1

- Unknown Author

11The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

The answer (IMHO) is quite simple. Survive. It's only a matter of time before Alfie, and Spezza return, and then the Olympic break which afterwards Winchester and Michalek should be back for the stretch run. If they can survive and not fall too far out of the playoff race then they stand a chance of climbing back in.

Let's be honest, if at the start of the year I told you Ottawa would lose their entire top line at the same time, as well as being without many key players all at the same time, yet still being in a playoff spot would you take it?

I think we all would have said yes. At one point or another this year we were faced with playing with the following roster challenges

Spezza, Alfie, Neil, Volchenkov, and Leclair all out at the same time
Spezza, Michalek, Alfie, Kuba all out at the same time

Take any other team and remove their entire top line, for more than a month, as well at the same time either take away their top checker and #2/3 Dman and goalie (for 2-3 weeks) and then remove their #1 dman while the top line is out and I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't suffer.

Devo

12The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:The answer (IMHO) is quite simple. Survive. It's only a matter of time before Alfie, and Spezza return, and then the Olympic break which afterwards Winchester and Michalek should be back for the stretch run. If they can survive and not fall too far out of the playoff race then they stand a chance of climbing back in.

Let's be honest, if at the start of the year I told you Ottawa would lose their entire top line at the same time, as well as being without many key players all at the same time, yet still being in a playoff spot would you take it?

I think we all would have said yes. At one point or another this year we were faced with playing with the following roster challenges

Spezza, Alfie, Neil, Volchenkov, and Leclair all out at the same time
Spezza, Michalek, Alfie, Kuba all out at the same time

Take any other team and remove their entire top line, for more than a month, as well at the same time either take away their top checker and #2/3 Dman and goalie (for 2-3 weeks) and then remove their #1 dman while the top line is out and I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't suffer.

Devo

Hence, why the Laser pointer idea is our only hope. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

13The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Help me Laser Pointer ... you're my only hope.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

14The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Help me Laser Pointer ... you're my only hope.

I was thinking that but elected not to post it. ThumbsUp

- Unknown Author

15The answer to the Sens woes? Empty Re: The answer to the Sens woes? Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I bet we're going to see a flurry of this crap now that it has made the news... not to mention how dangerous this is, and the potential for damage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum