GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours of the week

+23
The Montagoose
SensHulk
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
garblar
Sens4thecup
jamvan
SDH89
Hoags
shabbs
asq2
SensGirl11
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
beedub
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Flo The Action
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 32]

226rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

Kovalfie wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:cullen does not impress me. if we get a top 6 he needs either to be young and with good potential(cogliano) or with a contract ending and more then 20 goals a season...

What about Gagner? I'd much rather Gagner than Cogliano.

I wonder if Edmonton would be willing to do a Minnesota/Montreal style trade shipping off under-achievers for one another. One would think a guy like Foligno would flourish under a Pat Quinn type system.

Gagner is one of the few players Edmonton will probably not even consider trading and he would take a lot to get if they were going to move him.

227rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Urkie wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:cullen does not impress me. if we get a top 6 he needs either to be young and with good potential(cogliano) or with a contract ending and more then 20 goals a season...

I wonder if Edmonton would be willing to do a Minnesota/Montreal style trade shipping off under-achievers for one another. One would think a guy like Foligno would flourish under a Pat Quinn type system.

Gagner is one of the few players Edmonton will probably not even consider trading and he would take a lot to get if they were going to move him.

You think? I was almost positive he had a worse year than Cogliano last year. Then again, I don't really follow Oilers hockey for much...

228rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:
Urkie wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

You think? I was almost positive he had a worse year than Cogliano last year. Then again, I don't really follow Oilers hockey for much...

i said cogs cuz senschirp was mentioning him as a piece today that was almost moved here... then again senschirp hasn't been very right lately. we do know edmonton is trying to clear house and murray likes cogs.
i'd trade cogs against foligno but i'd much rather it was lee,campoli, picard or shannon in that order. if the oil trades sourray they might just be interested in campoli.. rumours of the week - Page 16 457303

229rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

other rumours outta ESPN that might be worth the mention...

Svatos may be traded
Other NHL teams might try to get the promising winger out of Colorado
Senators eying center-winger hybrid
The Senators are looking for something very specific in their trades

center-winger hybrid? does cogs fit that bill?

230rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 pm

The only reason I would consider Cogliano is for the speed. The Sens need more speed up front, badly. I would move Foligno or Campoli for him without a second thought. I don't think he is a 20 goal 50 point guy, but speed opens up the ice for everyone.

231rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Flo The Action wrote:other rumours outta ESPN that might be worth the mention...

Svatos may be traded

He plays centre, but takes draws like a winger, so I guess that works.

232rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:other rumours outta ESPN that might be worth the mention...

Svatos may be traded

He plays centre, but takes draws like a winger, so I guess that works.

rumours of the week - Page 16 62136

233rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

apparently garrioch(oh dear reporting garrioch) is reporting that Andrew Cogliano, Robert Nilsson and Ethan Moreau are on the market in edmonton. also reporting that 2 league executives have told him ottawa is looking a center....

if edmonton wants to be rid of cogs then i'm sure we can help the with that.

234rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

campoli for cogs straight up.

235rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:39 am

Flo The Action wrote:campoli for cogs straight up.

Do it before the alcohol stops flowing in Edmonton!

236rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:campoli for cogs straight up.

Do it before the alcohol stops flowing in Edmonton!

Campoli for anyone just so we can bring up an able-bodied defenseman from Bingo. Anyone wearing a number with one or two digits will do.

237rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:59 am

There is cheap talent out there that could help. I would consider adding Shremp from the NYI to help with the powerplay/shootout. I'd even consider a signed Frolov at this point.

I think Cogliano is overrated but if we trade Campoli/Picard/Foligno one for one I'd be able to stomach it. Much rather giving up a little bit more to get Gagner.

Problems IMHO come from the back-end. Our #1-2 defencemen have no offensive upside while our #3 has been playing poorly and our #4 a rookie. It's time we get a true #1 defencemen. Campbell, Souray, Liles, Weber can all be had.

238rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 am

Kovalfie wrote:There is cheap talent out there that could help. I would consider adding Shremp from the NYI to help with the powerplay/shootout. I'd even consider a signed Frolov at this point.

I think Cogliano is overrated but if we trade Campoli/Picard/Foligno one for one I'd be able to stomach it. Much rather giving up a little bit more to get Gagner.

Problems IMHO come from the back-end. Our #1-2 defencemen have no offensive upside while our #3 has been playing poorly and our #4 a rookie. It's time we get a true #1 defencemen. Campbell, Souray, Liles, Weber can all be had.

You must mean Yannick, Shea is going nowhere.

239rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:18 am

MurderOnIce wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:There is cheap talent out there that could help. I would consider adding Shremp from the NYI to help with the powerplay/shootout. I'd even consider a signed Frolov at this point.

Shea is a UFA next year and Nashville won't pay him what he deserves. I can honestly see a Fish for Weber trade this summer or next year. That is if we add legit scoring threat(s)

240rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:32 am

Kovalfie wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Shea is a UFA next year and Nashville won't pay him what he deserves. I can honestly see a Fish for Weber trade this summer or next year. That is if we add legit scoring threat(s)
Actually, he will be an RFA in the summer of 2011.

241rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 am

Kovalfie wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Shea Weber is a Norris Trophy type defenseman. If they let him go they are dumber than we were with Chara.

242rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Shea Weber is a Norris Trophy type defenseman. If they let him go they are dumber than we were with Chara.

Nashville are cheap bastards. Weber is as good as gone sooner or later.

243rumours of the week - Page 16 Empty Re: rumours of the week Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well you can be sure that if Shae Weber is available Murray will make a strong pitch for him. It won't be good enough and he'll explain that after when Shae is playing for another team but Murray will make his pitch don't worry.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum