GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wild Equipment Loss

+7
dennycrane
Riprock
M_Christopher
beedub
Devo
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Wild Equipment Loss - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Equipment Loss Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Has anybody seen the dolt comments on the TSN website? They're implying that the sens were the ones that gave the sabres food poisoning AND set the van on fire...
Wild Equipment Loss - Page 3 489887

32Wild Equipment Loss - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Equipment Loss Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

One of the reasons I dislike reading articles on TSN is because of the morons that are allowed to post whatever they want. Perfect example of trolling right there. Posters that go in as a Leaf fan to a totally unrelated article and praise the Leafs, flame the Sens.

33Wild Equipment Loss - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Equipment Loss Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:49 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Some player will be wearing new skates.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Minnesota/2009/12/19/12213391-qmi.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

The Minnesota Wild are ready to roll.

The team's backup equipment arrived in Ottawa on a charter flight from Minneapolis at 9 a.m. Saturday morning. Eleven players will suit up in virtually new equipment because a van carrying their gear caught fire Friday at Scotiabank Place.

GM Chuck Fletcher confirmed the equipment of nine players survived the blaze. He said the club will be ready to take on the Senators Saturday night at Scotiabank Place.

“I spoke to the league. We’re going to play. I haven’t asked for anything from them,” said Fletcher. “Our biggest concern was the health of our players and I feel very comfortable we’re not putting anybody at risk. We’re going to play tonight.”

Fletcher, who doesn’t know the cause of the fire, said it’s been a trying 24 hours. Five or six players will be wearing new skates.

“The players were stunned initially. The nine that found out their gear was intact were probably more excited than the players whose gear wasn’t intact,” he said. “There was some good-natured ribbing going on. We’ve got to play. We’ve come too far. We were 3-9 at one point and we’ve put ourselves in a position for a playoff spot.”

The Wild have recalled goalie Anton Khudobin from their AHL affiliate in Houston in case netminders Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding can’t play.

Asked if he had any sympathy for the Wild goalies having to playing in new equipment, Senators coach Cory Clouston didn’t seem to care.

“Ask Pascal (Leclaire) if he has any sympathy for bad luck,” said Clouston. Leclaire, of course, broke his cheekbone sitting on the bench. After a horrid performance in a loss to the New Jersey Devils Friday, the Senators will give Mike Brodeur his first NHL start.

“He just has to play his game. He’s a big goalie who stays square to the puck,” said Clouston.

34Wild Equipment Loss - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Equipment Loss Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

There was a picture of a burnt goalie mask on yahoo. It creeped me out. I don't know why

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum