GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meszaros and Murray at a stand still

+8
Mosky
Cap'n Clutch
Acrobat
Cronie
wprager
Riprock
PTFlea
jamvan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

31Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:Schneider would be an ideal addition IMO. HE gives us points, offence and we only need him for a year. I'm getting so anxious for the season to start that this Mez thing is pi$$ing me off.

I almost wish Murray would trade for Schneider and take the offer off the table and present Mesz with a lowball offer. What's Mesz going to do? Yes people I realise that it would be the end of his time in Ottawa but it would put Mesz in a no win situation and Ottawa would be fine for this season and we'd have tonnes of Cap room to go shopping in the offseason and Lee would be ready to step up along with possibly Karlsson getting his feet wet a little on callups.

I know we've been over this to death, but I don't see a way in which we can have Mesz and Schneider on the backend without shedding at least one mid-level contract like Kelly's, Volchenkov's, or Smith's, on top of the other usual suspects we've discuseed. Unless, I suppose, Mesz somehow gets strongarmed into a $1 mil deal or something, which I find unlikely.

If Mesz doesn't play, tho', I would love to see Schneider back there, even if his salary is less than ideal.

32Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

mosky69 wrote:I dont know if its not as much that he doesn't want to earn it as that he thinks he already has. But the fan base and Murray have both made it very clear that they don't think he has.

He must have caught that attitude from Emery. :D He's not a bad word around here yet, is he?

33Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Meszaros' KHL offer $5M? Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensChirp is reporting that the Russian team offer Meszaros has is in the $5M range. That changes things just a bit.

Previously I was saying that, for his agent there is no difference between $2M tax free in Russia versus $2M here; it would be a huge difference for Meszaros. In other words, I would find it odd for the agent to push him into rejecting a similar offer from the Sens.

However, if the offer from the Russian team is not only tax-free but also significantly higher then, for sure, the agent would be pressuring him to sign there, big time.

If it's true, why is he even thinking about it? Frankly, it makes me think this particular "rumour" is off the mark.

34Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just read the same thing. Can you imagine? 5 million. Pfft. Bye, now we can get Schneider. Long term: bad. Short term: 10 times better. Done.

35Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I just read the same thing. Can you imagine? 5 million. Pfft. Bye, now we can get Schneider. Long term: bad. Short term: 10 times better. Done.

10 times? Remember that Meszaros hasn't missed a game in his career, and Matt is 39 and has had two broken bones in the last two seasons (plus various other injuries). Schneider is an injury risk and at his age the risk gets worse, not better. His salary/cap-hit makes the injury risk an unacceptable one, inmy opinion.

36Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I just read the same thing. Can you imagine? 5 million. Pfft. Bye, now we can get Schneider. Long term: bad. Short term: 10 times better. Done.

Did you read the comment by "Dawg"? It was later last night. He claims that there is a major trade in the works including moving Meszaros' rights to a team that would be willing to give him a multiyear deal at $4M. That is why he hasn't taken the Russian contract. Here's a small (but cryptic) part of his post:

All I can say is the sniper to play with Alfie is on the table, and Ottawa looks to be in the hunt.

What the heck? We've been discussing Alfie playing with Sundin as a dream-scenario, but Sundin is a UFA, so cannot be involved in a trade until he is signed by someone. Plus Alfie is already playing with a "sniper".

37Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:Schneider would be an ideal addition IMO. HE gives us points, offence and we only need him for a year. I'm getting so anxious for the season to start that this Mez thing is pi$$ing me off.

I almost wish Murray would trade for Schneider and take the offer off the table and present Mesz with a lowball offer. What's Mesz going to do? Yes people I realise that it would be the end of his time in Ottawa but it would put Mesz in a no win situation and Ottawa would be fine for this season and we'd have tonnes of Cap room to go shopping in the offseason and Lee would be ready to step up along with possibly Karlsson getting his feet wet a little on callups.

I know we've been over this to death, but I don't see a way in which we can have Mesz and Schneider on the backend without shedding at least one mid-level contract like Kelly's, Volchenkov's, or Smith's, on top of the other usual suspects we've discuseed. Unless, I suppose, Mesz somehow gets strongarmed into a $1 mil deal or something, which I find unlikely.

If Mesz doesn't play, tho', I would love to see Schneider back there, even if his salary is less than ideal.

That's all I'm really saying (I realise my tune was different on HB but in here I have developed a new scenario:)). Schneider signed and Mesz sitting it is the scenario I envisioned. It wouldn't hurt Ottawa to have Mesz sit out the year if Schneider is in the lineup. We talked this one to oblivian so if people really want to know the details they should go to HB starting around Page 13 Smile

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

38Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
mosky69 wrote:I dont know if its not as much that he doesn't want to earn it as that he thinks he already has. But the fan base and Murray have both made it very clear that they don't think he has.

He must have caught that attitude from Emery. :D He's not a bad word around here yet, is he?

Not yet. I posted a list in here somewhere but I'll post it again because I find them funny.

Char@ = Chuckles
Corv0 = Uh OH!
Red den = Ringo
Eric Cole = Man Crush

39Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

10 times? Remember that Meszaros hasn't missed a game in his career, and Matt is 39 and has had two broken bones in the last two seasons (plus various other injuries). Schneider is an injury risk and at his age the risk gets worse, not better. His salary/cap-hit makes the injury risk an unacceptable one, inmy opinion.

Schneider has averaged 66.5 games per season the last two seasons with an average of 46.5 points per season over that time. I'm extremely happy with that "risk".

40Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Did you read the comment by "Dawg"? It was later last night. He claims that there is a major trade in the works including moving Meszaros' rights to a team that would be willing to give him a multiyear deal at $4M. That is why he hasn't taken the Russian contract. Here's a small (but cryptic) part of his post:

All I can say is the sniper to play with Alfie is on the table, and Ottawa looks to be in the hunt.

What the heck? We've been discussing Alfie playing with Sundin as a dream-scenario, but Sundin is a UFA, so cannot be involved in a trade until he is signed by someone. Plus Alfie is already playing with a "sniper".

I think "Dawg"'s comments (over on Senschirp) are pretty cryptic, but if I'm reading them right, then I think that they are in all likelihood BS, to be frank.

He speaks of a "major trade" in the works which was reported by "another site," but he doesn't name that site because he feels "the person who posts on it is irresponsible and only posts things that will boost his ratings." Then he speaks of Meszaros being dealt for "a sniper to play with Alfie."

To me, all this seems to point to Eklund (who is described by people everywhere as an irresponsible poster who makes crap up to boost site hits) and his recent "Gaborik to Ottawa?" rumour, as Gaborik is the only "sniper" I can recall that Eklund has recently had "going" to the Sens.

I'm not saying that this is for sure, but if I'm reading in between the lines of "Dawg"'s post, I'd say that this is what it seems to be hinting at. And if so, I think it's probably a load of BS. That's just me, tho'.

41Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think "Dawg"'s comments (over on Senschirp) are pretty cryptic, but if I'm reading them right, then I think that they are in all likelihood BS, to be frank.

He speaks of a "major trade" in the works which was reported by "another site," but he doesn't name that site because he feels "the person who posts on it is irresponsible and only posts things that will boost his ratings." Then he speaks of Meszaros being dealt for "a sniper to play with Alfie."

To me, all this seems to point to Eklund (who is described by people everywhere as an irresponsible poster who makes crap up to boost site hits) and his recent "Gaborik to Ottawa?" rumour, as Gaborik is the only "sniper" I can recall that Eklund has recently had "going" to the Sens.

I'm not saying that this is for sure, but if I'm reading in between the lines of "Dawg"'s post, I'd say that this is what it seems to be hinting at. And if so, I think it's probably a load of BS. That's just me, tho'.

Not to toot GMCentral's horn but, I think Ek noticed the massive drop in Sens traffic that have found their way here and decided to see if he could regain interest from Sens fans. It's probably just wishful thinking but I'll put it out there.

42Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:33 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Gaborik isn't coming here. If he does.. i will eat my hat.

Good thing i don't have a hat if he does cheers

43Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

[quote="Cap'n' Clutch"][quote="rooneypoo"]
wprager wrote:

Not to toot GMCentral's horn but, I think Ek noticed the massive drop in Sens traffic that have found their way here and decided to see if he could regain interest from Sens fans. It's probably just wishful thinking but I'll put it out there.

I think you're bang-on dude!
I don't mean to sound pompous, but it's painfully obvious that traffic in the Sens Forum @ HB has obviously dropped, to say the least.

Mark my words, today Ek will post an update with a MEGA 3 WAY trade involving Ottawa... In fact, he'll probably do the unthinkable, and put Alfie's name in the mix... LOL

44Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

I don't mean to sound pompous, but it's painfully obvious that traffic in the Sens Forum @ HB has obviously dropped, to say the least.

Mark my words, today Ek will post an update with a MEGA 3 WAY trade involving Ottawa... In fact, he'll probably do the unthinkable, and put Alfie's name in the mix... LOL

I would imagine that if he put Alfie in there it would definitely spike traffic on his site just to tell him he's full of Dung and then promptly drop off. I would think if he did that stunt that it may just push people away from his site for good?

45Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:]

I would imagine that if he put Alfie in there it would definitely spike traffic on his site just to tell him he's full of Dung and then promptly drop off. I would think if he did that stunt that it may just push people away from his site for good?

If that good put up, i would not return to Hockeybuzz. At all. To smudge Alfie's name in the minds of the fans.. I mean if you have no sources and you're just making up BS then write about little non-important people but important enough so people care, sure, but someone who has been with the organization for this long, captain.. that would just be ri-donkey-lous.

46Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:

lol.. Do her, Do her, Wouldn't do her.. do her... ugh, who hasn't done her?.. do her.. do her.. lose the pigtails and we'll talk... do her.. do her.

Love it! lol

47Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mosky69 wrote:Gaborik isn't coming here. If he does.. i will eat my hat.

Totally agree. That's why I think "Dawg"'s comments in this post on Meszaros (over at Senschirp) have about as much basis as Eklund comments in his post on "Gaborik to Ottawa?" -- that is, none.

48Meszaros and Murray at a stand still - Page 3 Empty Re: Meszaros and Murray at a stand still Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
mosky69 wrote:Gaborik isn't coming here. If he does.. i will eat my hat.

Totally agree. That's why I think "Dawg"'s comments in this post on Meszaros (over at Senschirp) have about as much basis as Eklund comments in his post on "Gaborik to Ottawa?" -- that is, none.

I have to agree here sadly, as the Chirp is ussually pretty good and it's why his link was placed in the Rumour Mill on our site. I hope we don't see too much more of this nature from the Chirp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum