GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bingo Sens Talk

+33
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
Hoags
TheAvatar
ddt
Flo The Action
Ev
CockRoche
cash
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
asq2
Amnesia021
Jordo
wprager
jamvan
Sens19
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 61]

676Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Chirp has just become a puppet now for the sens org. He doesn't break any news anymore, and is more interested in hyping up the sens brass so ppl can buy tickets.
that's fine if he is. at least it's one site to check for up to date info as opposed to having to go to many different ones.

alsohe states that the sens might bring back Andre Benoit stating an article in lapresse. I took a look at the article and it's realy accurate.
it states that Tim Murray has said he'd like to bring in a number 1 D man to bingo then goes on to quote Andre Benoit/s desire to come back and play NA. there's nothing in there to say there's been talks between both parties. pure speculations.

677Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:Chirp has just become a puppet now for the sens org. He doesn't break any news anymore, and is more interested in hyping up the sens brass so ppl can buy tickets.

Agreed, that guy is a joke. Seems like he works for the team. Keeps telling people about some Sens sales employee, too.

haha I know. Funny thing is the salesperson he talks about is my account manager for my season seats....and let me tell you, he has been awful. Just terrible. Continually screws up my seat selections, I get extra charges on my credit card, etc. etc. I almost didn't renew because of him.

678Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 2:08 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
that's fine if he is. at least it's one site to check for up to date info as opposed to having to go to many different ones.

alsohe states that the sens might bring back Andre Benoit stating an article in lapresse. I took a look at the article and it's realy accurate.
it states that Tim Murray has said he'd like to bring in a number 1 D man to bingo then goes on to quote Andre Benoit/s desire to come back and play NA. there's nothing in there to say there's been talks between both parties. pure speculations.

Fair point, its good for news but I find alot of times he just doesn't update because he's 'out of town' or some stuff like that. If that's the case, I'll just get my news from other sources, but whatever I guess. He does have enough vistors to his site and got the sens org's attention too so he must be doing something right

679Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't even think it's a guarantee that Zibanejad is with the Sens come come training camp. The team could look totally different if there is a trade made or a UFA signing to bolster the lineup.

Example, say they make a move for Bobby Ryan, Zibanejad will 100% be going the other way. Or a move for a D man of that ilk, w/e.

IMO Zibanejad could very well be trade bait if the right deal was offered.

680Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I don't even think it's a guarantee that Zibanejad is with the Sens come come training camp. The team could look totally different if there is a trade made or a UFA signing to bolster the lineup.

Example, say they make a move for Bobby Ryan, Zibanejad will 100% be going the other way. Or a move for a D man of that ilk, w/e.

IMO Zibanejad could very well be trade bait if the right deal was offered.

Unlikely. They don't want to spend money and the best cost-effective way of going about your business is to keep your elite prospects who are on cheap ELC's. You start trading your prospects like that, you're changing your whole philosophy and creating holes down the road. Basically would be the same as the Kessel trade which people love to make fun of the Leafs for.

681Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Unlikely. They don't want to spend money and the best cost-effective way of going about your business is to keep your elite prospects who are on cheap ELC's. You start trading your prospects like that, you're changing your whole philosophy and creating holes down the road. Basically would be the same as the Kessel trade which people love to make fun of the Leafs for.

I agree, pretty much every time Melnyk speaks, the word "budget" comes up. He'll spend near the cap floor until this team is a legit contender. I think we're around the same level back where we were back in 1997-1998 right now.

IF Zibby is traded it will be for another prospect (such as a defenceman). I doubt it would happen but we're not taking on big contracts unless we're loading up for a serious run.

682Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I agree, pretty much every time Melnyk speaks, the word "budget" comes up. He'll spend near the cap floor until this team is a legit contender. I think we're around the same level back where we were back in 1997-1998 right now.

IF Zibby is traded it will be for another prospect (such as a defenceman). I doubt it would happen but we're not taking on big contracts unless we're loading up for a serious run.

Melnyk keeps bringing up the budget thing, but he knows that if you want to take a run at a Cup, you need to have star players. For example, the Rangers could have just let things lie last summer and not spent the money to bring in Richards, but they realized they were close to achieving something special + Richards and Tortorella knew each other from TB, so they spent the $$ to bring in Richards. We're one year early (IMO) from where the Rangers were in last summer, but the point still remains. This team is young and they need one more veteran goal scorer or top level D-man to help bring the kids - and that's gonna cost as early as this summer.

683Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think we're THAT close. Even though our goaltending is good we were 6th worst in GA. Bad Defense and we obviously need a better top-6.

Rangers can afford to(and do) spend every year. I doubt Melnyk will spend until we reach the 2nd round, possibly the ECF. If we spend to the cap we'd have to make the ECF for him to break even.

684Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Melnyk keeps bringing up the budget thing, but he knows that if you want to take a run at a Cup, you need to have star players. For example, the Rangers could have just let things lie last summer and not spent the money to bring in Richards, but they realized they were close to achieving something special + Richards and Tortorella knew each other from TB, so they spent the $$ to bring in Richards. We're one year early (IMO) from where the Rangers were in last summer, but the point still remains. This team is young and they need one more veteran goal scorer or top level D-man to help bring the kids - and that's gonna cost as early as this summer.

It's nice to have your own star players. That's what they are trying to do.

685Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 5:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I don't think we're THAT close. Even though our goaltending is good we were 6th worst in GA. Bad Defense and we obviously need a better top-6.

Rangers can afford to(and do) spend every year. I doubt Melnyk will spend until we reach the 2nd round, possibly the ECF. If we spend to the cap we'd have to make the ECF for him to break even.

I hope he doesn't meddle. He should write a cheque for 60 million for next year and if he gets anything back, he should be thankful. If he wants to pinch pennies, he should sell the team to someone who will spend to the cap. Not that I'm advocating spending to the cap, but if Murray wants to buy Parise, then he should be able to bid on his services. If Murray wants to trade some pieces and acquire Ryan, then he should be able to. We're not in Columbus here, this is a fanbase that is LOVING what's happening in this re-tool, but if Melnyk decides to close his pocket book, we'll have a hard time competing and he'll hear about it.

686Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I think you will see prospects.. Claesson, Wideman, Blood, Zibanejad, Stone Prince, Pageau, Culek in Binghamton next season.. maybe Noesen if he does not go back to the CHL.

Not every prospect is going direct into the NHL. Silfverberg is further along in his development than Mika.. and he will start in the NHL.

I'm not saying Mika will stay all year in Binghamton.. maybe to the trade deadline -- and if he is ready -- he will be up.

It's sad that KK will not be there this season to develop these young players. They will be good ones... and will need a good coach to guide them.

I really think KK was ticked off that he did not get a job behind the bench in Ottawa this season. I'm pretty sure he realizes McLean was more qualified with his NHL experience.. but how do you think he felt he was beaten out for one of the assistant jobs by two CHL coaches. I'm sure he was not happy.. and I really don't blame him. KK deserves his chance at an NHL job.

If it wasn't for Cameron's ties to Melnyk I believe KK would have been in Ottawa.

687Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:I don't think we're THAT close. Even though our goaltending is good we were 6th worst in GA. Bad Defense and we obviously need a better top-6.

I hope he doesn't meddle. He should write a cheque for 60 million for next year and if he gets anything back, he should be thankful. If he wants to pinch pennies, he should sell the team to someone who will spend to the cap. Not that I'm advocating spending to the cap, but if Murray wants to buy Parise, then he should be able to bid on his services. If Murray wants to trade some pieces and acquire Ryan, then he should be able to. We're not in Columbus here, this is a fanbase that is LOVING what's happening in this re-tool, but if Melnyk decides to close his pocket book, we'll have a hard time competing and he'll hear about it.

Don't you think if the Sens were lucky enough to land Parise and/or Suter... that season ticket holder sales would increase. The team would be very close to a contender meaning more playoff games.. It's a win-win.... and agreed -- he says he wants to win the Cup... well you have to spend eventually to do that. If one of these players wants to come to Ottawa... then pony up the money.... or sell the team if you can't compete with the big boys.

688Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 8:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:I think you will see prospects.. Claesson, Wideman, Blood, Zibanejad, Stone Prince, Pageau, Culek in Binghamton next season.. maybe Noesen if he does not go back to the CHL.

Not every prospect is going direct into the NHL. Silfverberg is further along in his development than Mika.. and he will start in the NHL.

I'm not saying Mika will stay all year in Binghamton.. maybe to the trade deadline -- and if he is ready -- he will be up.

It's sad that KK will not be there this season to develop these young players. They will be good ones... and will need a good coach to guide them.

I really think KK was ticked off that he did not get a job behind the bench in Ottawa this season. I'm pretty sure he realizes McLean was more qualified with his NHL experience.. but how do you think he felt he was beaten out for one of the assistant jobs by two CHL coaches. I'm sure he was not happy.. and I really don't blame him. KK deserves his chance at an NHL job.

If it wasn't for Cameron's ties to Melnyk I believe KK would have been in Ottawa.

I really feel that Cameron and Reeds were more than qualified. Not only that, but he said he didn't want to be an assistant IIRC. MacLean will have a say in who coaches Bingo, he wants someone who can teach his system to a T, so when they get called up, they slide in seamlessly.

689Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:I think you will see prospects.. Claesson, Wideman, Blood, Zibanejad, Stone Prince, Pageau, Culek in Binghamton next season.. maybe Noesen if he does not go back to the CHL.

I really feel that Cameron and Reeds were more than qualified. Not only that, but he said he didn't want to be an assistant IIRC. MacLean will have a say in who coaches Bingo, he wants someone who can teach his system to a T, so when they get called up, they slide in seamlessly.

I would have thought an AHL coach in your system coming off the Calder Cup win.. would out qualify a CHL coach.. but that's just me. KK said it depended on what his 'job' was as assistant coach... he wanted some responsibility in the job....

690Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kurt Kleinendorst has never had an NHL job in 20 years of coaching. I think that shows that people think he's best suited developing younger players.

691Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Kurt Kleinendorst has never had an NHL job in 20 years of coaching. I think that shows that people think he's best suited developing younger players.

He was an asst coach with new jersey devils for 1 yr... If that counts for anything.

692Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Kurt Kleinendorst has never had an NHL job in 20 years of coaching. I think that shows that people think he's best suited developing younger players.

He was an asst coach with new jersey devils for 1 yr... If that counts for anything.

Oh sorry, missed that one. Right after he was assuaged to Lowell so I guess it didn't work out.

693Bingo Sens Talk - Page 46 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

as far as our roster Melnyk can run his mouth as much as he wants but if BM says write a check Melnyk will write that check.
they're not fools, if they can land a star player, they will. they know how hard it is and how tough is the competition to land star players.

that said I don't think we land Parise or Suter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum