GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bingo Sens Talk

+33
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
Hoags
TheAvatar
ddt
Flo The Action
Ev
CockRoche
cash
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
asq2
Amnesia021
Jordo
wprager
jamvan
Sens19
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 61]

31Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:54 pm

So, basically everything that took a week for them to do took about 5 seconds for just about everyone here to figure out?

Well, w/e, we have our team for now. Who is going to be that 24th guy thougjh?

32Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:So, basically everything that took a week for them to do took about 5 seconds for just about everyone here to figure out?

It's called doing it with tact and class.

33Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:So, basically everything that took a week for them to do took about 5 seconds for just about everyone here to figure out?

We're leaving a spot open for George Plimpton, in case he ever wants to write "Open Net 2".

34Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

jamvan wrote:

I honestly dont think that's what it was, I think keeping Schubert around as long as they did was a bit mean to be honest. They tried dealing him last year and all summer, everyone knew he wasnt going to be here.

Wasnt "classy". The kids, well, they deserved a fair shake.

35Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're leaving a spot open for George Plimpton, in case he ever wants to write "Open Net 2".

36Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Didn't take long to get it done. Everyone knew it was coming, Schubert must have cried himself to sleep a few nights last weekend.

37Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:19 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Sens19 wrote:
Yes exactly and we could've had Staal, Kopitar. I even like Cogliano and Oshie better!!

On the other hand, every time you think that, remember that there's 45 teams out there that could have had Patrick Wiercioch right now, and another 40+ teams that could have have Robin Lehner. And 3-6 teams that absolutely should have Jared Cowen right now. You win some, you lose some. Luckily for us, Murray and co. are fantastic drafters.

Hell, from that 2005 draft, look how many teams passed over Paul Stastny.

38Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Hell, from that 2005 draft, look how many teams passed over Paul Stastny.

What's the story behind that as well. The legend is that the Avs weren't even going to take Stastny, but at the last second felt it might be a good PR move considering the franchise's history with his father. It can work both ways for sure.

39Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I honestly dont think that's what it was, I think keeping Schubert around as long as they did was a bit mean to be honest. They tried dealing him last year and all summer, everyone knew he wasnt going to be here.

Wasnt "classy". The kids, well, they deserved a fair shake.
SO I guess he knew this was going to happen too. He didn't play well enough.

40Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

How did Schubert not know... I think everyone on the planey knew Schubert was done in Ottawa.

41Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:How did Schubert not know... I think everyone on the planey knew Schubert was done in Ottawa.
That's what I said, he knew, so it wasn't mean or out of left field.

42Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^: People are mad as wet hens on HF. Oh the injustice! Lee is ready! Like from one moment to the next they go from worshiping Clouston to second guessing him.

43Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 668437 People are mad as wet hens on HF. Oh the injustice! Lee is ready! Like from one moment to the next they go from worshiping Clouston to second guessing him.

Lee is ready to do, let's say, Campoli's job. Only not as well.

44Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 668437 People are mad as wet hens on HF. Oh the injustice! Lee is ready! Like from one moment to the next they go from worshiping Clouston to second guessing him.

Except Campoli is fast and has a 100MPH slap shot. He can do Picard's job though (without the 100MPH slapper) and I'd be okay with it. But...under Clouston, I'm willing to give Picard the benefit of the doubt. Plus, when was a D-man ever harmed when he was sent down to juniors or the A for more seasoning?

45Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Except Campoli is fast and has a 100MPH slap shot. He can do Picard's job though (without the 100MPH slapper) and I'd be okay with it. But...under Clouston, I'm willing to give Picard the benefit of the doubt. Plus, when was a D-man ever harmed when he was sent down to juniors or the A for more seasoning?

I actually think Lee is a better skater than Campoli. And better defensively than Picard.

46Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I didn't mean to compare the players so much as the role. It just isn't there for Lee right now. Trade request to come?

47Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I actually think Lee is a better skater than Campoli. And better defensively than Picard.

Better skater than Campoli? I don't see that personally, I'll have to watch them closely if they ever play together. Better defensively than Picard? Absolutely. I'm not a fan right now, I'm hoping Picard converts me, but right now I feel he's the odd man out.

48Bingo Sens Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I didn't mean to compare the players so much as the role. It just isn't there for Lee right now. Trade request to come?

You know what SSF, I would welcome a couple of trade requests from our plethora of 5-6-7 D-men. They won't have to wait long because Cowen is already better than all of them. Karlsson is better than Campoli and soon Wiercioch will seal the rest of their fates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum