GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bingo Sens Talk

+33
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
Hoags
TheAvatar
ddt
Flo The Action
Ev
CockRoche
cash
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
asq2
Amnesia021
Jordo
wprager
jamvan
Sens19
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 61]

241Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:41 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ha, it's an intriguing time to be a Sens fan though. For the first time in many moons we have real prospects that are trying to poke their heads through. Next year and more realistically the year after and the year after are going to be very interesting.

As PKC noted (I think), Silfverberg (our top F prospect with Butler), Rundblad (best of the SEL) and Cowen aren't even in Bingo yet. And Petersson, but I'm timid about him translating his game to the pros.
you think? i don't see him as more then a 3rd liner. petersson could be but i agree we'll see if he can make it at this level.

242Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens need some potential first line prospects and I hope it's addressed at the next couple of drafts because were sitting quite pretty on D and in goal but we're lacking the top end forward talent.

243Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Wiercioch has more to deal with though. North America, NA ice, bigger guys, scheduling. He has a lot on his plate right now.

Not to worried about him.

Wiercioch came from the Denver Pioneers program in the NCAA. Do you mean Wick, because Gryba and Wiercioch are coming from the same league.

How the heck did that happen? I'm a mess.

The funny thing is, I was just about to post that I am spending entirely way too much time on this site lately. I used to have a life. Haha.

Wickercioch? Wierck?

244Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Is it true that weircioch is too cocky for his own good (or his teammates')?

Not sure where that started. I hope not.

245Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
you think? i don't see him as more then a 3rd liner. petersson could be but i agree we'll see if he can make it at this level.

Yeah, he's doing very, very well in the SEL right now. People in Sweden watching him and reporting in are saying that last year he was a hard-working, grinding type, but this year he's not only that, he's an offensive catalyst as well. On the list of prospects the guys from Sweden are tracking, he's 2nd on the list for points with 12 in 17 (updated only on the 30th of October).

He has developed nicely. He looks very mature on the ice, not at all like a youngster. Has a very good, quick shot. He's strong and has good size. He's useful in both PK and PP, good both offensively and defensively. Impressed by him, works hard every shift.

246Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mike Brodeur has suffered a setback in Elmira, so it'll be Brust and Lehner for a while.

Coach KK shuffled the lines to look like this:

Colin Greening-Corey Locke-Bobby Butler
Roman Wick-Jim O'Brien-Erik Condra
Kaspars Daugavins-Zack Smith-Ryan Keller
David Dziurzynski-Mike Hoffman-Francis Lessard
Jason Bailey-Cody Bass-Tim Spencer

Cody Bass is likely not cleared to play in game situations yet. Lehner will start next game and will tandem with Brust.

247Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

u gotta be kidding me....he was just ready to comeback!! Oh well, sucks for Brodeur.

That's alot of forwards they got in bingo....was Bass injured all this while? My guess is that Hoffman was centering the 3rd line before Smith was back in Bingo, otherwise Facepalm

248Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:u gotta be kidding me....he was just ready to comeback!! Oh well, sucks for Brodeur.

That's alot of forwards they got in bingo....was Bass injured all this while? My guess is that Hoffman was centering the 3rd line before Smith was back in Bingo, otherwise Facepalm

Coach KK wanted to get some chemistry going apparently. He wants duos more than trios, so he's keeping Locke and Butler and O'Brien and Condra together. Hoffman will rover around the lines, but they want to get him back to center for a while. I asked the same questions and got basically that answer.

249Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PS - Condra's a beast this year. Talk about a guy who will make the Sens one day as a bottom 6 forward/PKer.

250Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sweet. I've been hearing good things condra as well. Except whenever I think of him, I think of:

Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Contra11

251Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahaha, me too!

252Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Hahahaha, me too!

That automatically makes him badass Laugh1

On another note, since Fisher missed another practice, its not out of line to think he'll eventually end up missing a few games due to whatever is nagging him. If so, do you call up Smith...or Corey Locke? Locke would not only be the sentimental favorite, he would be the best candidate to fill in the top 6.

253Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

On another note, since Fisher missed another practice, its not out of line to think he'll eventually end up missing a few games due to whatever is nagging him. If so, do you call up Smith...or Corey Locke? Locke would not only be the sentimental favorite, he would be the best candidate to fill in the top 6.

I would think about calling up Bobby Butler and shifting Regin back to center. Locke is a nice idea though and it would also give Kelly and Winchester a couple of extra minutes.

254Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:

I think Smith has done enough to impress the Sens that he will always be the first call-up when he is playing in Bingo and Ottawa needs a body. I'm not sure it matters who get injured for Ottawa, Smith will always have the upper hand. If it was Spezza who got injured, instead of calling up Locke, they will call-up Smith and internally promote Shannon/Foligno/Regin to the top line and have Smith take their spot playing on the 3rd and 4th line.

Not saying I agree with this, but I think that is the way it is.

255Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I figured that as well, but I find that requires too much line juggling, and just at the time when all lines (save for the alfie line) are clicking, that should be the last thing you want to do. And with the way fisher is skating, I think it'll be soon enough where he'll have to sit some games out.

If it has to be smith, I'd much rather kelly center the 2nd line (can I call it that Sarcasm ) and have zack smith center ruutu and Neil

256Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The B-Sens lost last night 7-4 to the Rochester Americans. Here's the recap from binghamtonsenators.com

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – The Binghamton Senators looked to extend their win streak to three games as they welcomed the North Division’s Rochester Americans to town Wednesday. Instead the B-Sens saw a 3-1 lead slip away and allowed Rochester to net three power play goals, ultimately falling to the Amerks 7-4.

Jim O’Brien opened the scoring at 7:52 of the first period, putting the Senators on the board as he flipped his seventh goal of the season past Rochester’s Jacob Markstrom. Line mate Erik Condra earned credit for the lone assist, his first of two points in the game.

Ryan Del Monte responded for Rochester just over two minutes later, scoring his first of the season on the power play. Bill Thomas was credited with an assist on the goal, the first of three assists for the Rochester forward in the game.

At 13:06 of the period, Bobby Butler’s team leading tenth goal of the season, put the B-Sens back on top. Defenseman Andre Benoit added to Binghamton’s lead at 14: 37, firing a shot from the slot past Markstrom to put the B-Sens ahead by two.

Rochester’s Michal Repik rounded out the scoring in the first period, notching a goal at 17:46. Clay Wilson and Thomas assisted.

The Amerks held the B-Sens scoreless through the second period of play, adding two goals of their own to jump ahead 4-3. Chris Clackson beat Robin Lehner just 4:38 into the second stanza, while the Amerks added another power play marker from Wilson at 13:57.

The Amerks would go on to score another pair of goals in a span of 38 seconds in the third period to double up on the B-Sens 6-3. Aaron Bendickson notched his first American Hockey League goal at 4:38, while Kenndal McArdle tallied his fifth on the year at 5:17.

Later in the period Bendickson, would be sent off for tripping allowing Binghamton a man advantage. On the ensuing power play O’Brien fed a pass off a face-off to Condra who then capitalized at the 11:50 mark to bring Binghamton back with in two. That however proved to be too little too late.

B-Sens head coach Kurt Kleinendorst had pulled Lehner in favor of Barry Brust for the third period. The duo combined to make 23 saves. With 1:52 remaining in regulation, it was Brust’s turn to vacate the Binghamton net. The B-Sens succeeded in protecting their open goal, but failed to generate anymore offense with an extra attacker, sending the Amerks home with their fifth straight road victory.

Up next, the B-Sens head south on I-81 to visit the East Division leading Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday, Nov. 12. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. Fans can listen live on 680 WINR-AM or 1430 WENE-AM beginning 30 minutes before game time for Countdown to Faceoff with Grady Whittenburg, the voice of the B-Sens.

257Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Poor effort defensively.

258Bingo Sens Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Bingo Sens Talk Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bobby Butler briefly tied Luke Adam for rookie goal-scoring in the AHL last night, before Adam scored his 11th.

He currently sits 12th in scoring, tied for 2nd in goals, and 2nd in rookie scoring. The dude is on fire.

Burning Car

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum