GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Hockey Pool Assistance

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Need Hockey Pool Assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Hockey Pool Assistance Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:52 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I guess I should mention this in here: the GMHockey Yahoo! fantasy draft is on for tomorrow at 7 pm EST. If you would like to join, you can find the information around these forums, just make sure you sign up at least two hours before the draft.

17Need Hockey Pool Assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Hockey Pool Assistance Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:01 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Rooney, the parameters of the draft were spelled out in post 1. Straight points, no limits on position, not a keeper league.

That said, Tavares will have a tough time hitting 50 points (you were asking for 50-60 point guys). The average projection is 47 (based on somthing like 10 magazines/websites).

Hedman is projected for 17 points, so I'm not sure what your strategy there was. He does not (yet) have Pronger or Lidstrom's offensive ability. He has 25 points in 82 SEL games over two seasons; not sure if they count secondary assists or not, but even if you double his assist total it's 41 points in 82 games. The NHL is a tougher league, and the Lightning are not MoDo (relative to their respective leagues).

18Need Hockey Pool Assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Hockey Pool Assistance Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am

wprager wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
wprager wrote:Dave, are you going to let us know whom you ended up picking?
sure... I picked 8 of 10.

1) Backstrom
2) Spezza but Iginla was still available
3)
4) Havlat
5) Tavares
6) Frolov
7) Franzen
8) Antropov
9)
10) Kunitz
11) Fisher
12) Todd White
13) PM Bouchard
14) TJ Oshie
15) Vaclav Prospal
16) Hedman

Any people I took too high.. any that you're surprised went so low.

What are the "holes" in rounds 3 and 9?

sorry.. I had forgotten those two picks....

here's who i took...

1) Nikalas Backstrom - WSH
2) Jarome Iginla - CGY
3) Correy Perry - ANA
4) Martin Havlat - MIN
5) John Tavares - NYI
6) Nik Antropov - ATL
7) Alexander Frolov - LAK
8) Johan Franzen -DET
9) Chris Kunitz - PIT
10) Kristian Huselius - CBJ
11) Mike Fisher - OT
12) Todd White - ATL
13) Pierre-Marc Bouchard - MIN
14) T.J. Oshie - STL
15) Vaclav Prospal - NYR
16) Victor Hedman - TBL

19Need Hockey Pool Assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Hockey Pool Assistance Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Another guy to consider is Marco Sturm. He's almost a forgotten man after missing almost the entire year last year, but if healthy could really put up points in that offense.

WIll play on 1st line also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum