GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone else having google search issues?

+2
spader
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, maybe a fresh re-install of Firefox is needed. Backup your bookmarks and make note of the add-ons that you have installed.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, I right-clicked on the Avast systray icon and "paused" all of the providers. The problem then went away. I then re-enabled each of the providers one by one, checking google in-between. They are all re-enabled, and the problem is still not happening.

I have a feeling there was an issue with one of the "providers" in Avast, but by stopping/restarting it fixed itself.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is interesting... I've been running Avast and Firefox for as long as I can remember and I have never seen this issue. I wonder if it's just co-incidence?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

A few weeks ago at work, I typed senschirp.ca on the adress bar (internet explorer). And I got that exact same message. A few hours later, it worked fine.

So, it shouldn't have anything to do with Firefox, and nothing to do with Google either.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if it was a proxy setting that got messed up in Firefox. By disabling then re-enabling the providers, it may have re-built the proxy settings, thus fixing itself.

Weird, nonetheless.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:A few weeks ago at work, I typed senschirp.ca on the adress bar (internet explorer). And I got that exact same message. A few hours later, it worked fine.

So, it shouldn't have anything to do with Firefox, and nothing to do with Google either.
It actually does. It's Google mis-interpreting a request as coming from a "suspected" automated source, and thus they are trying to curb those requests and keep load in check.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:I wonder if it was a proxy setting that got messed up in Firefox. By disabling then re-enabling the providers, it may have re-built the proxy settings, thus fixing itself.

Weird, nonetheless.

The "provider" settings are part of Avast. Nothing to do with proxy settings, it's a virus scanner. The categories are Internet Mail, Instant Messaging, Network Shield, Outlook/Exchange, P2P Shield, Standard Shield and Web Shield. Not sure why they call them "providers".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum