GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great quotes -- share your favorites

+8
bluewhiteandgolf
asq2
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."
- Arnold in Commando

Reminds me of this one from A Bug's Life:

I swear, if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you ... I would kill you!

32Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack
of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
-Vince Lombardi

33Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Max Schumacher: Why is it that a woman always thinks that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his koksmanship.

34Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From "Taking Care Of Business" starring Jim Belushi...

Jimmy Dworski: A toast on that the Cubs may win the World Series... and big tits!

It cracks me up every time.

35Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Ehh, she's not my type. I like 'em... I dunno, kinda dirty or something.

36Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Casablanca:

We'll always have Paris.

Here's looking at you, kid.

Play it, Sam. (usually misquoted as Play it again, Sam)

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Round up the usual suspects.

Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.

Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of

the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world

MurderOnIce wrote:I have to say the movie with the best quotes of all time, hands down was Tombstone. What a great flick. Probably the best work that Val Kilmer has done.

Here are some examples...

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.

----------------------------------------------------------

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.
Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him
---------------------------------------------------

link here to some of the others... ttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

37Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I love the quotes from Jerry Maguire (maybe I'll watch that tonight; either that or The Matrix):

Avery Bishop: If you ever want me to be with another woman for you, I'd do it. It's
not something I'm interested in. Once, yeah, it seemed normal, but it
was just a phase, a college thing, like torn Levi's or law school for
you.

Cameron Crowe writes great dialogue.

38Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:39 pm

wprager wrote:I love the quotes from Jerry Maguire (maybe I'll watch that tonight; either that or The Matrix):

Avery Bishop: If you ever want me to be with another woman for you, I'd do it. It's
you.

My daughter's name is Avery. I hope she doesn't turn out like Kelly Preston's character in that movie....that or join a cult like Kelly Preston.

39Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:I love the quotes from Jerry Maguire (maybe I'll watch that tonight; either that or The Matrix):

you.

My daughter's name is Avery. I hope she doesn't turn out like Kelly Preston's character in that movie....that or join a cult like Kelly Preston.

WHen your daughter turns 18 and looks like KP, you know where to find me.
I may even give Tavares for a date :^^^^:

40Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

you.

Not exactly a common name, especially for a girl. What's the story on how you chose it?

41Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:54 pm

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

you.

Not exactly a common name, especially for a girl. What's the story on how you chose it?

No story really. I wanted an admittedly odd name and my wife shot that down sharpish. We threw names around and it came up. It rolls off the tongue nicely, even if it's usually a male name. Turned out well. My daughter looks nothing like a Drusilla.

Another sort of oddity with my kids, both my son's are named James. Not in a freaky George Foreman way. My eldest is James and my younger boy (middle child) is named Séamus, with is Gaelic for James.

42Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Some quotes from my favorite comedian, Bill Hicks...

"I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your Diddle' mouth."

""This is your brain." I've seen a lot of weird Dung on drugs. I have never ever ever ever EVER looked at a Diddle egg and thought it was a brain."

"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children."

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."

43Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:29 pm

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:

you.

WHen your daughter turns 18 and looks like KP, you know where to find me.
I may even give Tavares for a date :^^^^:

She is hot. Aging quite well. It must be all the scientology audits. :___:

44Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, “Dude, you have to wait.”

Every McDonald’s commercial ends the same way, right? Every McDonald’s
commercials end like this: “Prices and participation may vary.” Now I
wanna open a McDonald’s and not participate in anything. I wanna be a
stubborn McDonald’s owner. I’ll say,”Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got
spaghetti! And blankets.”

I like the FedEx driver, because he’s a drug dealer and he don’t even know it. And
he’s always on time!

I’ve never stayed at a bed and breakfast, because I don’t think I
would, ’cause I figure, you stay at a bed and breakfast, by the end of
the day, you start to get hungry. “Is that all you got around here? You
need to direct me to a Chair, Lunch, Dinner.” I’m going to open a chain
of Chair, Lunch, Dinners and put them right across the street from bed
and breakfasts. “Come over, about…one. But you have to leave at eleven.
‘Cause you ain’t sleeping in the Diddle chair.”

You know, I’m sick of following my dreams, man. I’m just going to ask where they’re going and hook up with ‘em later.

I don’t have a girlfriend. I just know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.

Alcoholism is a disease, but it’s like the only disease that you can
get yelled at for having. “DAMMIT, OTTO, YOU’RE AN ALCOHOLIC.” “DAMMIT,
OTTO, YOU HAVE LUPUS.” One of those two doesn’t sound right.

I like an escalator, man, ’cause an escalator can never break. It
can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily
Out of Order” sign, only “Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the
Fact That You Can Still Get Up There “

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

I’m against picketing, but I don’t know how to show it.

One time, this guy handed me a picture of him, he said, “Here’s a
picture of me when I was younger.” Every picture is of you when you
were younger. “Here’s a picture of me when I’m older.” “You son of a
Wing Dang Doodle! How’d you pull that off? Lemme see that camera!”

Sometimes I wave to people I don’t know. It’s a very dangerous to
wave to someone you don’t know, because what if they don’t have a hand?
They’ll think you’re Wang. “Look what I got, motherfucker! This thing
is useful! I’m gonna go pick something up!”

I saw a commercial on late night TV, it said, “Forget everything you
know about slipcovers.” So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then
the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn’t know what the
hell they were.

any one know who this is Smile

45Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Mitch Hedberg...no brainer. RIP Mitch.

46Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Well not everyone knew about him Ahhhhh!

47Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

“If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.”

--attributed to French author Anatole France, and a similar quote to philosopher Bertrand Russell.

48Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 3 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Jimi Hendrix

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum