GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great quotes -- share your favorites

+8
bluewhiteandgolf
asq2
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:32 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, if we are going with movie quotes, here's a couple from one of mt (oddball) favorites, The Adventures Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension:

Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. No need to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... [pause] there you are.

[
As they are performing brain surgery] No, no, no, don't tug on that, you never know what
it might be attached to.

Aw, I love that movie. Too bad no one else in my familiy does.

17Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

From Superbad:

To Seth: "If you scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours."
Seth: "Well, the funny thing is, my back is located on my Wang."

From The Hangover:
"I lost my grandmother's holocaust ring to that hooker..."
"They gave rings at the holocaust?!?"

18Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:48 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

If you talk to God, you're praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia - Thomas Szasz

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve immortality through not dying - Woody Allen

The doggie in the front has suddenly gone blind, and the other one has very kindly offered to push him all the way to St. Dunstan's - Noel Coward to a small child

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language - Buck Henry

19Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 am

PKC wrote:From Superbad:

To Seth: "If you scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours."
Seth: "Well, the funny thing is, my back is located on my Wang."

From The Hangover:
"I lost my grandmother's holocaust ring to that hooker..."
"They gave rings at the holocaust?!?"

The Hangover (particularly Allan) is fun of epic lines:

"Did the real Caesar live here?"

20Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From the movie "Heat"... which is my all time #1 favourite movie.

Neil McCauley: A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Now, if you're on me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage?

Wicked, wicked, wicked movie.

21Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 pm

shabbs wrote:From the movie "Heat"... which is my all time #1 favourite movie.

Neil McCauley: A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Now, if you're on me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage?

It is epic. My favorite movie of all time, has my favorite actor of all time. In The Name of the Father starrig Daniel Day Lewis. This guy is light years ahead of 99% of the actors going today.

22Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

"Life sucks get a Diddle' helmet"
Dennis Leary

23Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:

It is epic. My favorite movie of all time, has my favorite actor of all time. In The Name of the Father starrig Daniel Day Lewis. This guy is light years ahead of 99% of the actors going today.
I'll have to check that one out... the last Daniel Day Lewis movie I saw was "The Last Of The Mohicans". That was a while ago...

24Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:46 pm

I have to say the movie with the best quotes of all time, hands down was Tombstone. What a great flick. Probably the best work that Val Kilmer has done.

Here are some examples...

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.

----------------------------------------------------------

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.
Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him
---------------------------------------------------

link here to some of the others... ttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

25Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 pm

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I'll have to check that one out... the last Daniel Day Lewis movie I saw was "The Last Of The Mohicans". That was a while ago...

You haven't seen Gangs of New York??? That's awesome as well. He's Bill the Butcher in that one.

26Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

You haven't seen Gangs of New York??? That's awesome as well. He's Bill the Butcher in that one.
I've seen snippets... will have to watch it one day in full.

27Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Frank 'The Fixer' Acavano: "Who farted?"

28Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cushman: I gotta tell you, you are the complete opposite of every applicant we've seen. Mr Steinbrenner, sir. There's someone here I'd like you to meet. This is Mr. Costanza, he is one of the applicants.

George Steinbrenner: Nice to meet you.

George Costanza: Well, I wish I could say the same, but I must say, with all due respect, I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves you have made with this fine organization. In the past twenty years, you have caused myself and the city of New York, a good deal of distress as we have watched you take our beloved Yankees and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of your massive ego.

George Steinbrenner: Hire this man!

29Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Frank 'The Fixer' Acavano: "Who farted?"

Classic Captain Lou!

"Don't touch the chrome, don't touch the upholstery, don't touch nuthin'!"

30Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."
- Arnold in Commando

31Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."
- Arnold in Commando

Reminds me of this one from A Bug's Life:

I swear, if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you ... I would kill you!

32Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack
of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
-Vince Lombardi

33Great quotes -- share your favorites - Page 2 Empty Re: Great quotes -- share your favorites Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Max Schumacher: Why is it that a woman always thinks that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his koksmanship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum