GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our society is going downhill fast

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our society is going downhill fast Empty Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Read these two articles over on the Ottawa Citizen

first one is about a parent leaving their 4 month old in the car for 5 minutes with the windows up, really, what are you thinking people?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/instinct+just+took+baby+rescuer+says/1902047/story.html

The second was an online transaction gone wrong, will never be selling any large merchandise on kijiji.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Online+jewelry+seller+coma+after+transaction+turns+violent/1906487/story.html

2Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It is unbelievable how stupid some people can be when it comes to their own children. When I was picking up my daughter at Day Care one summer day... I noticed a toddler asleep in a car in the parking lot, all alone. No one else was in the car!

I found the parent inside the Day Care and notified the Day Care Supervisor. The parent said she didn't want to wake her child while she was picking up her other child.

Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.

People don't realize how fast things can change/happen when it comes to kids...

It boggles my mind sometimes to see some of the decisions parents make with their own kids... and the risks they take. Sometimes I just wanna go up and slap the parent silly.

3Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:It is unbelievable how stupid some people can be when it comes to their own children. When I was picking up my daughter at Day Care one summer day... I noticed a toddler asleep in a car in the parking lot, all alone. No one else was in the car!

I found the parent inside the Day Care and notified the Day Care Supervisor. The parent said she didn't want to wake her child while she was picking up her other child.

Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.

People don't realize how fast things can change/happen when it comes to kids...

It boggles my mind sometimes to see some of the decisions parents make with their own kids... and the risks they take. Sometimes I just wanna go up and slap the parent silly.

well said sir, it's almost as if you should have to be licensed to be a parent some people do things that are just so stupid. I would go beyond slapping these people silly, their children should be pulled away from them, clearly someone is not qualified to care for a gold fish, let alone another human being, deplorable I tell you.

4Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I've heard to said, you need a license for a pet, but you do not need one for a child - weird.

Almost everyone has the right to be a parent, but some people should not have the right.

Internet scams are becoming a huge problem. It's one thing to send someone money and not get a good in return, it is another to assault someone over something. How desperate are people these days? Clearly, very.

5Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sick. I wonder if they thought of pulling the woman's phone records to find out who called to inquire about the jewelry.

6Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sick. I wonder if they thought of pulling the woman's phone records to find out who called to inquire about the jewelry.

you are definitely onto something there, obviously they would have had phone and/or e-mail conversations, so should be able to do some tracking on this deadbeat.

7Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Problem is most scam artists now use VOIP which is untraceable, so I've been told by Bell and the CRTC. Since any name and number can be displayed, they can disguise themselves too easily.

8Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

It seems every summer, as soon as the weather gets hot, the morons emerge. They decide to go to their local pharmacy, beer store, Home Depot etc. They bring their baby or their dog along. They then proceed to leave said baby or dog alone in the car. As soon as they arrive at their destination, any common sense that they might previously had evaporates.

Rather than leaving the dog at home, or bringing the baby into the store with them, they do the dumbest possible thing; leave the baby or dog in the car, probably with the windows cracked about one inch. Once inside their destination, any little common sense that they had left evaporates in a fog of concentration on the mission at hand; gotta get those Twinkies, wait, need some Joe Louis and some pop, chips and dip; now 30 minutes have gone by and the baby/dog is now reaching hyperthermia.

The sad thing in the current case is that it doesn’t seem that the mother thinks she has done anything wrong!!

Sigh.

9Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm

SensFan71 wrote:Read these two articles over on the Ottawa Citizen

first one is about a parent leaving their 4 month old in the car for 5 minutes with the windows up, really, what are you thinking people?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/instinct+just+took+baby+rescuer+says/1902047/story.html

The second was an online transaction gone wrong, will never be selling any large merchandise on kijiji.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Online+jewelry+seller+coma+after+transaction+turns+violent/1906487/story.html

I was in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and there was a similar story in their version of the Sun (cant remember exactly what that was).

Guy walks into a bar and leaves his 2 year old and 14 month old in the car while he goes and gets a little loose... Forget 5 minutes though, these kids were in there for hours. They were in there so long that they had wet themselves to regulate their temperature and were in terrible distress by the time authorities found them.

10Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Those kinds of stories are unbelievably sad and anger me to no end. We're talking about defenseless children and toddlers who need their parent(s) to provide for them and love them and keep them safe. It's amazing the rage and sadness I feel when I hear about stuff like that that.

11Our society is going downhill fast Empty Re: Our society is going downhill fast Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently the mother is getting off with this without much of an incident.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/08/20/10530311.html

She can still be charged, but Child Services did not remove the child from her care.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum