GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I dare you...

+4
Cronie
Riprock
wprager
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I dare you... Empty I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...to answer this question:

Who is the player who has sat out the 2nd most (wprager) in the history of the Ottawa Senators due to contract disputes?

I consider the holdout to begin
on the first day of training camp. The player in
question had missed 2 training camps and was well on his way to a 3rd.

PS I got this answer wrong when it was first asked.

Game on. :bball:

Last edited by 504Heater on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

2I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:...to answer this question:

Who is the player who has sat out the most in the history of the Ottawa Senators due to contract disputes?

Yashin sat out a full season, didn't he? You *are* asking about contract disputes, not injuries or what-not? Are you asking for number of days/games missed or number of times?

If not Yashin, then Havlat.

3I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Who is the player who has sat out the most in the history of the Ottawa Senators due to contract disputes?

Yashin sat out a full season, didn't he? You *are* asking about contract disputes, not injuries or what-not? Are you asking for number of days/games missed or number of times?

Let me rephrase. I consider the holdout to begin on the first day of training camp. Yashin and Havlat both had issues that saw them miss NHL regular season action, but the player in question had missed 2 training camps and was well on his way to a 3rd.

4I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

Let me rephrase. I consider the holdout to begin on the first day of training camp. Yashin and Havlat both had issues that saw them miss NHL regular season action, but the player in question had missed 2 training camps and was well on his way to a 3rd.

Yashin held out three times, including all camp, pre-season and 82 game regular season. I still think he takes the cake.

5I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yashin held out three times, including all camp, pre-season and 82 game regular season. I still think he takes the cake.

affraid Wow, Yashin did it 3 times. I'm really surprised, I always thought it was 2. Okay....he takes the cake for sure and this thread is dying Sad

This player missed all or part of training camp twice.

6I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I give up, who? I only know that Havlat and Yashin did, and I know more about it now from this thread than ever before.

7I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fine...that got all franked up anyway lol.

The player who sat out for 2 training camps and was about to sit out a 3rd is...none other than your captain, Daniel Alfredsson.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/07/12/alfredsson020712.html

8I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, well that was interesting.

9I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Wow, well that was interesting.

I was surprised as well.

10I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Fine...that got all franked up anyway lol.

The player who sat out for 2 training camps and was about to sit out a 3rd is...none other than your captain, Daniel Alfredsson. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/07/12/alfredsson020712.html

WTF!!!!!! whoa!!

11I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

The player who sat out for 2 training camps and was about to sit out a 3rd is...none other than your captain, Daniel Alfredsson. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/07/12/alfredsson020712.html

WTF!!!!!! whoa!!

I wish the thread had worked properly, but Wprager felt the need to point out blatant mistakes! :lol!:

12I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

WTF!!!!!! whoa!!

I wish the thread had worked properly, but Wprager felt the need to point out blatant mistakes! :lol!:

What is it with Sens' captains, anyway?

Wow, I don't think I could have guessed that without going through quite a few names. Good one, Heater, and sorry for being the fact-police.

13I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Greedy Swedey!

I still love the dude, in a manly way!

14I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, in all fairness since he wasa RFA at the time, they could very well have been insulting offers, and seeign as he was the captain at the point, who could blame him? Some times the player deserves more than they are offered. And to his defence he refused payment when the team was in dire straits.

15I dare you... Empty Re: I dare you... Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:Well, in all fairness since he wasa RFA at the time, they could very well have been insulting offers, and seeign as he was the captain at the point, who could blame him? Some times the player deserves more than they are offered. And to his defence he refused payment when the team was in dire straits.

No one is questioning Alfie -- now. It's good to keep this in the back of the mind, though, as we go through a similar situation with Meszaros.

Oh, and, by the way, the article was written when Alfie was the Captain, but it mentions tow other times when he held out and missed camp, and I'm sure he wasn't the Captain then.

Checking some facts:
Rookie of the year in '95-96; first contract dispute in '97-98, missing 5 regular season games. Meszaros has three seasons under his belt and played well enough to be at least considered (by some of us) for the Calder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum