GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey?

+5
PTFlea
LethalLehner
spader
Sens19
Tuk Tuk
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:00 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/8/9/sens-hint-at-new-3rd-jersey.html

2Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:03 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I think it's too soon to replace the 3rd jerseys we have, but if they did I love this design and it was floating around even before the "Sens" one was out and everyone was disappointed they went with the latter

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

3Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I hate the current 3rd. love the concept.

this was in the comments I found interesting.

so the rumor apparently is that the NHL apparently was going to provide for teams to have 4
jerseys all along: home, away, third/alternate, and retro. Knowing
this, some teams designed their third/alternate last year and waited
for the opportunity to unveil a retro, and others introduced a retro as
their third (eg pittsburgh) and will introduce another design in the
next year or two.

As we all know, new jersey designs are all about making more money
by selling more jerseys. Not that surprising to hear a rumor like this
then, is it?

danishh

4Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:14 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:I hate the current 3rd. love the concept.

this was in the comments I found interesting.

so the rumor apparently is that the NHL apparently was going to provide for teams to have 4
jerseys all along: home, away, third/alternate, and retro. Knowing
this, some teams designed their third/alternate last year and waited
for the opportunity to unveil a retro, and others introduced a retro as
their third (eg pittsburgh) and will introduce another design in the
next year or two.

As we all know, new jersey designs are all about making more money
by selling more jerseys. Not that surprising to hear a rumor like this
then, is it?

danishh

I don't completely hate the current thirds but I wasn't to keen on buying one, but the new concept will definitely make me want to buy one

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

5Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 am

Wouldn't this just be a 4th Jersey then?

6Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Personally, I couldn't care less if it's a third or fourth jersey. I think it's slick and I'd love to see the Sens rocking it this year.

7Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Based on the video it looks like the old school jersey is a done deal. A number of improvements for SBP. Lets hope that they bring in some a bigger beer selection.

8Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

As long as they keep Creemore on tap, I'm happy.

9Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am

Love that concept. I hope they chose to go with that. I may have to buy my first Jersey if they do.

10Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Personally, I couldn't care less if it's a third or fourth jersey. I think it's slick and I'd love to see the Sens rocking it this year.

Me too!

The story of this third jersey is nuts. It was made by a guy on HFBoards who desperately tried to get the Sens to use it for their 3rd, but he never received a reply - until someone came upon that video with the Sens absolutely using his design.

Everyone's waiting for him to be contacted and told that the Sens are going to use it.

It's pretty incredibly the power of forums like HF and soon this one. You WILL get noticed if your product/blog/hockey knowledge etc. is good enough.

11Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:Personally, I couldn't care less if it's a third or fourth jersey. I think it's slick and I'd love to see the Sens rocking it this year.

Me too!

The story of this third jersey is nuts. It was made by a guy on HFBoards who desperately tried to get the Sens to use it for their 3rd, but he never received a reply - until someone came upon that video with the Sens absolutely using his design.

Everyone's waiting for him to be contacted and told that the Sens are going to use it.

It's pretty incredibly the power of forums like HF and soon this one. You WILL get noticed if your product/blog/hockey knowledge etc. is good enough.

Actually, if you watch the video you can see this jersey in their virtual store, but that's not to say it wasnt' the vintage sweater they've been selling for years.

They should sell that jersey, it would sell...no doubt.

Just to note, the guy who created this via photoshop or whatever, will not get anything in the way of monetary payment, as all the logos used are property of the Senators and NHL.

12Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:13 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

So then are they going to have 4? or get rid of the "Sens" one?

I'd find it kind of pointless to have both... But then again it's all about the dollars... Smile

13Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:So then are they going to have 4? or get rid of the "Sens" one?

I'd find it kind of pointless to have both... But then again it's all about the dollars... Smile

They essentially already have the one with the "O". It's the vintage first jersey ever worn. I don't see them releasing it for the team to wear, just sell it.

14Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

personally i like the black sens 3rd jersey. more so then the "o" one... guess there's no accounting for taste.
also i haven't bought a jersey in a while... i'm getting one this year and i'm debating getting a ruutu one, he made alot of horrible games worth watching last year.

15Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Sens Hint at New 3rd Jersey? Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

They're talking about this guy that designed this "4th" jersey on the radio right now. I hope that they do it, it's a beautiful jersey. Apparently it's on the front page of the citizen this morning too.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Have+your+Sens+pitches+throwback+jersey/1878994/story.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum