GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How will they (San Jose) do it?

+5
PTFlea
shabbs
Jordo
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are we pretty much in agreement the Jaws are the only hope for the Senators to move Heatley?

If so, how will they pull it off?

While Montreal is rumoured to be the partner in the cap relief component of the deal, I have found it difficult to see how it can be done.

My best estimation would be that Montreal would ship Hamrlik and possibly a pick in one of the first two rounds (don't forget, San Jose would be stuck for two years with Hamrlik) for Choochoo and one of Ehrhoff or Vlasic. A tough pill to swallow for San Jose.

The only possibility I can see for Nabokov would be Washington, probably straight-up for Theodore.

What say you?

2How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I can't see how this deal works either, unless one of Marleau and Thornton or even Boyle are moved! To take on another contract like Heatley's with more guys needing to be signed, it's sure going to be interesting.

If we could move Heatley, buyout or have Smith retire and get Boyle and Michalek in this deal!!!

To Ottawa: Boyle, Michalek and ?
To San Jose: Heatley, Lee and Halak
To Montreal: Cheechoo, Erhoff, Schubert and Couture

I still have a hard time seeing how it can go down, but it is sounding more and more like it may happen, it's just how????

3How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:I can't see how this deal works either, unless one of Marleau and Thornton or even Boyle are moved! To take on another contract like Heatley's with more guys needing to be signed, it's sure going to be interesting.

If we could move Heatley, buyout or have Smith retire and get Boyle and Michalek in this deal!!!

I still have a hard time seeing how it can go down, but it is sounding more and more like it may happen, it's just how????

I don't get it, so MTL gives up Halak and gets Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, Schubert and Couture????

Wow. That Halak has some BIGTIME value.

AND
San Jose gives up Boyle, Michalek, Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, and a top notch prospect for Heatley, Lee and Halak?

Seems a little unreasonable jam.

4How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... that one seems a little lopsided... and the Sharks get stiffed for sure.

5How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:
jamvan wrote:I can't see how this deal works either, unless one of Marleau and Thornton or even Boyle are moved! To take on another contract like Heatley's with more guys needing to be signed, it's sure going to be interesting.

I don't get it, so MTL gives up Halak and gets Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, Schubert and Couture????

Wow. That Halak has some BIGTIME value.

AND
San Jose gives up Boyle, Michalek, Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, and a top notch prospect for Heatley, Lee and Halak?

Seems a little unreasonable jam.

I was just throwing crap out there, it's nothing. Notice the question marks everywhere. LOL! I sort of gave up trying to figure it out.

Hamrlik and pukanec are part of this for sure.

6How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 am

As I said last week.

To SJ - Heatley

To Edm - Marleau, Cheechoo/Erhoff

To Ott - Penner, Cogliano, Smid

Picks/Prospects could be added to make everyone happy, but as far as 1 way contracts and roster players goes, this is it.

7How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:As I said last week.

To SJ - Heatley

Picks/Prospects could be added to make everyone happy, but as far as 1 way contracts and roster players goes, this is it.

It puts EDM way over the cap, unfortunately.

8How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

To SJ - Heatley

That puts Edmonton over the cap? I can't believe they're that close. Who the heck do they have? :^^^^:

9How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

To SJ - Heatley

I think we can take Marleau off any trade talk if he won't waive his NTC...

10How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

To SJ - Heatley

That puts Edmonton over the cap? I can't believe they're that close. Who the heck do they have? :^^^^:

A bunch of players they have to overpay to play there.

11How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:54 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

To SJ - Heatley

I was a little shocked as well. Their D, in particular, is pretty pricy.

12How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 am

How will San Jose do it?

They won't.

13How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

To SJ - Heatley

Do we really want this though? I was disgusted with this trade when it was first released. Penner is a lump of coal man. I would definitely take Cheechoo over Penner- they're both dice rolls, but at least Cheechoo scored almost 60 once.. Theyve both deteriorated, but Cheechoo can (or could) score goals- which is something Ottawa needs to address. In addition, I'd much rather have Ehrhoff or Vlasic instead of Smid. Cogliano would be a great addition, but I also don't really see where he fits in here. He's not quite a top 6, but he plays an excellent third line role. Perhaps (and it kills me to say this, but) Kelly could become expendable if we were to pick up a guy like Cogs.

How about this:

to SJ: Heatley, Kelly, Edm's 1st
to EDM: Marleau
to OTT: Cheechoo, Ehrhoff, Cogliano

Last edited by Jordo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed trade!)

14How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Nevermind, EDM needs to free up more cap space to fit Marleau...

15How will they (San Jose) do it? Empty Re: How will they (San Jose) do it? Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 am

Edmonton was going over the cap with their original Heatley deal, so I assume they had a plan in place to reduce their cap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum