GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators - Current Roster

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Which is why I said we should draft the best available winger with the pick we used for Cowen.

I guess we can get some wingers for Heatley. Maybe add Zubov to the deal and get EDM to add MSP. :drooling:

17Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:48 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

39. Brian Elliott - G - Ottawa Senators
Height: 6-2, Weight: 202

With all the things that have gone wrong on the ice in Canada’s Capital City this year, at least the Ottawa Senators rookie netminder Elliott has surfaced amid the wreckage. After opening up this season solid for the franchise’s AHL team in Binghamton, the franchise decided to roll the dice on their former 2003 ninth rounder. The gamble has paid off, as Elliot has continued to impress. While the rest of the team’s output has been eerily bi-polar, the former Wisconsin Badger has been consistent between the pipes. There is no doubt he has turned into a prized asset and Elliot is truly one of the main reasons why Ottawa has not slipped into the abyss of the Eastern Conference.

18Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

50. Brian Lee - D - Ottawa Senators Height: 6-2, Weight: 202

After making the Senators NHL roster out of training camp, Lee has spent the bulk of the season being shuttled between there and the Senators’ AHL affiliate in Binghamton. Although Lee possesses a great deal of offensive upside, he lacks the puck-moving abilities of a power-play quarterback and is not physical enough to play a primarily defensive role. He does however have a good first pass and plays with enough poise to be considered a safe option for most situations. Lee has good NHL size and despite not playing an overly physical brand of hockey, he does block a lot of shots and has shown a willingness to throw the body. The main concern for the 22-year-old is that he has yet to fill a particular role for a struggling Senators organization. Still, Lee’s skating and ability to move the puck up the ice assures he will remains an NHL regular.

19Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I know that those are all pretty old, but, it'll be interesting to see how they change in the coming months.

20Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:52 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Which is why I said we should draft the best available winger with the pick we used for Cowen.

I guess we can get some wingers for Heatley. Maybe add Zubov to the deal and get EDM to add MSP. :drooling:

Are you upset that we got Cowen? We're going to have the best D in the league in the next 3-5 years. It's going to be sooooo sexy!

We should try to get a LW back for Heatley and another Defensive prospect.

I wouldn't mind MSP, but I'm not sure how he is going to translate to the NHL. I'd rather take a wait and see approach with him.

21Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Which is why I said we should draft the best available winger with the pick we used for Cowen.

Are you upset that we got Cowen? We're going to have the best D in the league in the next 3-5 years. It's going to be sooooo sexy!

We should try to get a LW back for Heatley and another Defensive prospect.

I wouldn't mind MSP, but I'm not sure how he is going to translate to the NHL. I'd rather take a wait and see approach with him.

Better to wait and see while he's the property of the Ottawa Senators. Wink

I'm jubilant that we passed over No-Fly. I just thought we should have drafted for need and that is on the wing.

22Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the Senators gave up his rights when he signed in Sweden, I think because he was not tendered an offer as a result.

I would love MPS in Ottawa, but I am also very happy we got Cowen. If we could get him from Edmonton, awesome, but we know Heatley is not going to waive for Edmonton. And obviously either Murray doers not want MPS or EDM isn't willing to give him up. He's going to fit right into Edmonton. If they can get him to sign, they're one step closer to having a franchise forward. He's fast, much like the resto f the team, and could easily be a tiop 6 for them if given a shot. What do they have to lose?

23Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, no. In the future we'll have three of the best young D-men in the league. Cowen, Wierioch and Cowen trumps any thoughts of getting MPS. It was 100% the right decision IMO.

24Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, no. In the future we'll have three of the best young D-men in the league. Cowen, Wierioch and Cowen trumps any thoughts of getting MPS. It was 100% the right decision IMO.

I see a lot of Centers, a lot of D and no wingers. We'll see.

25Ottawa Senators - Current Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators - Current Roster Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:01 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

COwen will be a 8.5C at least, Wiercioch probably a 8.0D, especially if he makes the WJC.

They gave HEdman a 9.0C
Expect an 8 for Lehner also in the next months. After the WJC I would say.
So, by the end of the season, we will probably have 4 players with 8.0 or more ratings.

Whatever, we'll see in the next weeks. The updates on top prospects are starting to come in on HF. At the end of the day, I'd rather see them play than rely on ratings. When I see that guys like Brassard and Regin have the same rating, I don't really know if I should be thrilled or scratching my head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum