GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Empty Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Philadelphia Flyers release today:

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have agreed to terms with 6’2”, 211-pound defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen on a one-year contract, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren. Per team policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

“We are very pleased to add Ole to our team,” said Holmgren. “Ole is a defenseman with size and defends very well. At 25 years old he is an ideal fit to the core of our team."

“I feel great. I am really excited to be coming to Philadelphia. I have always been a fan of the Philadelphia Flyers and what they are all about,” said Tollefsen. “They play a gritty style of hockey and that is typical of me. I’m an energy guy. I bring a lot of energy every night, and I am very dependable in my own zone, making the simple plays and sticking up for my teammates.”

Tollefsen, 25, appeared in 19 games during the 2008-09 regular season with the Columbus Blue Jackets, where he recorded one assist and 37 penalty minutes. He missed 39 games and all four Stanley Cup Playoff games this past season with Columbus due to injury.

A native of Oslo, Norway, Tollefsen is just the fifth Norwegian-born player to play in the NHL and the second player on the Flyers.
Patrick Thoresen appeared in 21 regular season games and 14 playoff games for the Flyers in 2007-08.

“Patrick is a really good buddy of mine,” added Tollefsen. “I just talked with him last night, so he was pretty excited for me when I told him I would be playing for the Flyers. He had nothing to say but great things about the organization.”

Over parts of four seasons in the National Hockey League with the Blue Jackets, Tollefsen has 10 points (4G,6A) and 273 penalty minutes in 145 career games. He was originally selected by Columbus in the third round (65th overall) in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

http://flyers.nhl.com/index.html

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Empty Re: Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:14 pm

oh right on, he's a good defenseman DTR!

3Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Empty Re: Flyers Sign D-Man Tollefsen Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:17 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:oh right on, he's a good defenseman DTR!

I don't really know Tollfesen's work, as I haven't seen him play very often. But he IS an example of what we have been discussing on the Salary Cap threads...another player on a short term deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum