GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonk KHL-bound

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bonk KHL-bound Empty Bonk KHL-bound Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2009/7/22/957711/nashville-predators-free-agent

Preds UFA Radek Bonk about to sign on with Yaroslavl of the KHL.

2Bonk KHL-bound Empty Re: Bonk KHL-bound Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

What is happening to the former sens?

Bonk in KHL, Preissing dumped after being in the AHL, Gerber in KHL, Eaves bought out, Shaeffer bought out, Smolinski unsigned, Redden going to be bought out/ sent to AHL, Hossa long term injured, Meszaros playing like crap, and Emery just now coming back.

The message? Don't leave if you had seccess here Sarcasm

3Bonk KHL-bound Empty Re: Bonk KHL-bound Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe that it's not the player, it's the environment - they look and play better than they really are.

(Dammit, even if that's not the case, can't we convince some stars to come here based on that premise?)

4Bonk KHL-bound Empty Re: Bonk KHL-bound Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:What is happening to the former sens?

Bonk in KHL, Preissing dumped after being in the AHL, Gerber in KHL, Eaves bought out, Shaeffer bought out, Smolinski unsigned, Redden going to be bought out/ sent to AHL, Hossa long term injured, Meszaros playing like crap, and Emery just now coming back.

The message? Don't leave if you had seccess here Sarcasm

Or is it that they all overachieved here in their respective years?

5Bonk KHL-bound Empty Re: Bonk KHL-bound Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bonk. I just love sayin' that name. Bonk!

- Unknown Author

6Bonk KHL-bound Empty Re: Bonk KHL-bound Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Perhaps every other team has similar stories unfolding. There is a reason all of those guys mentioned are ex-Senators. They were not good enough or not cheap enough for what they brought, so they were moved. Someone else took a chance, and now they are finding out what we could have told them right away.

With Bonk, though, I thought he was terrific when given an assignment to shadow someone. A perfect 3rd line center but, unfortunately, they kept trying to play him as a 2nd (if not 1st, sometimes). Montreal bought into it as well, unfortunately and it just kept getting worse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum