GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie review thread

+18
mattshock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Snuh
Riprock
beedub
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
spader
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1Movie review thread Empty Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:01 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

We have a video game thread, a random video thread, and i thought we had a movie thread, but i searched, and could not find one. So I figured I would start one for members to post movie recommendations, reviews of movies that are out, or just movies they thoroughly enjoyed or despised.

I will start with a movie I despised: Transformers 2. This was just bad all around. The acting was bad, the jokes were terrible, and it was long. There were, however, two bright spots to the movie. The first is obvious, and her name is Megan Fox. The second though, which was a great source of amusement for both my brother and me, was the satellite robot (i forget his name) had the same voice as Dr Claw from the Inspector Gadget cartoon!

2Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Jetfire. Soundwave

I grew up watching Transformer (G1, G2, Beast Wars, Armada), and both movies pissed me off.

Shia Labeouf should not be allowed near a camera. Ever.

Fox is overrated. She's a butterface for one, and can't act to save her life.

Both movies were all around terrible.

3Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:Jetfire. Soundwave

I grew up watching Transformer (G1, G2, Beast Wars, Armada), and both movies pissed me off.

Shia Labeouf should not be allowed near a camera. Ever.

Fox is overrated. She's a butterface for one, and can't act to save her life.

Both movies were all around terrible.

I think of Megan Fox more as a two face than a butterface. Either way, completely out of my league.

But yeah, both movies sucked, but especially the second one. Really, really terrible. I think i'm stupider for having watched it.

4Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Now Gran Turino is probably my favourite movie ever. Not one thing I would change.

5Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:52 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:Now Gran Turino is probably my favourite movie ever. Not one thing I would change.

I find the Hmong actors to have been subpar. But other than that, phenomenal movie. Clint was great, and he is a first class director.

An underrated movie I love, that has quite a cult following is one I quoted on another thread the other day, called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It stars Robert Downey Jr, Val Kilmer and Michelle Monaghan. It's hilarious, and really well acted and directed. RDJ is the man.

6Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Has anyone seen Harry Potter and the Artist Formerly Known as Prince?
We're going as a family and I would like to go, but I havent liked any of the Potheads so far.

7Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently this one isnt as good as the others... That's what ive been hearing but im not a fan...

8Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just recently saw Crash with Sandra Bullock and Don Cheadle. Absolutely fantastic.

9Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:24 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

How is Transformers 2... Havent seen it yet...

10Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I enjoyed Transformers (the first one). I've got it in HD and on my 60" HDTV and at full volume... it was pretty damn amazing.

11Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeh i watch the 1st one quite often... Looking forward to actually seeing the 2nd one.

12Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

It's okay. It's entertaining for sure though.

13Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Harry Potter 6 was (for me) better than 5. But not as good as 3 or 4. If you are a fan you've got to see it in the theatre, and soon, before they move it over to one of the smaller screens.

14Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That;s weird, coz the 6th book was easily the best of the 7. I don't know how they could screw it even with modifed story. Coz really, Harry Potter is about Harry, Voldemort and Snape. The Half Blood prince focuses on Voldemort and Snape, so it should be the deepest of the movies.

15Movie review thread Empty Re: Movie review thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:That;s weird, coz the 6th book was easily the best of the 7. I don't know how they could screw it even with modifed story. Coz really, Harry Potter is about Harry, Voldemort and Snape. The Half Blood prince focuses on Voldemort and Snape, so it should be the deepest of the movies.

Personally, this movie was where I really missed Richard Harris. The chemistry between the two couples (Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny) just didn't feel right. The kid playing the young Tom Riddell was nicely creepy, and Tom Felton (Draco) looked like he was in his 30s -- intentionally, I thing, given the weight of his "assignment".

Anyhow, I don't want to "crap" all over this movie. Like I said, it was better (IMO) than the previous one, but my favorites are still 1, 4 and 3 (in that order).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum