GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tarantino's new movie "Inglourious Basterds"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well the trailer came out just a few days ago for Tarantino's most recent bloodbath starring Brad Pitt of all people.... and it looks to be a doozy.

Check it out here:
Tarantino's new movie "Inglourious Basterds" Inglouriousbasterds_200902191507

I've always loved not only Tarantino's movies and writing style, but his way of dealing with the constant bashing of his epic violence and gore from 'mommy' types. This interview back when Kill Bill was released is hilarious.

Anybody else got love for Quentin? The guy's a genius.

Last edited by Jordo on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : centered logo)

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Quentin is fabulous! I'm quite stoked for this one as a matter of fact.

He's been LOONG overdue for something good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huge fan. Always have been and always will be. Pulp Fiction changed my life - although I already knew I wanted to write and had done a lot of writing by then - it showed me in my late teens that I could explore the lurid, dark places of crime and still have cool stories with characters that have morals.

Reservoir Dogs as well obviously, but Pulp was the one that blew me across the theatre. Loved Jackie Brown as well. Some people call it slow and/or meandering, but you have to understand the source material there. Leonard was the ultimate pulp fiction writer - not to mention Bridget Fonda looks smokin' in that movie.

The thing that bugs me about QT is that he's insufferably lazy. Now, I am too, I'll admit it, but if I had the chance to bang out screenplays and have them produced - I'd have 2 or 3 a year coming. Maybe I'd only direct one a year, but I'd get my films out there.

This has been looooooooooong rumoured. It's about time they got their Dung together and he got it (almost) done. I heard Clooney and Cruise were supposed to be in it as well - I'll admit to being a little disappointed that they're not - but this movie should by all accounts - rock. :excite:

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big fan here, I can't wait for this movie, since Deathproof was a bit of a letdown for me, especially after Kill Bill.
That last confrontation (the scene leading to the five-point-palm-exploding-heart) in Kill BIll vol.2 says all you need to know about this guys' "genious-ness".
I loved that movie, for me it proved he could do a phenomenal movie with any theme or style that exists (wouldnt surprise me if he came out with a movie in space in the near future lol)
And his movies' soudntracks are also always awesome.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Speaking of Reservoir Dogs, here's some useless trivia that this movie geek thought would be fun to share

Apparently, James Woods was originally sought after for the role of Mr. Orange; a.k.a. Freddy Newendyke, and in fact was Quentin's FIRST choice for that role and in fact, the role was in fact offered to Woods' agent, who declined it without Woods' knowledge; where upon his agent was promptly fired when he finally found out.

Now, not to take away from Tim Roth, who I am very taken with his stage/screen work, but I can't help wondering how that film would have played out with James Woods in that role...

I personally fell out of my chair when I was read an interview with Tim Burton late last year where he said if it wasn't for a conflict in schedules, Marilyn Manson was going to play Willy Wonka in his remake; however when it was offered to Depp instead, he modeled his character loosely after his friend, Manson's appearance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know if it would have had the same effect with James Woods. Hard to say. Tim Roth looked just innocent enough to make it work. Hard call there.

504Heater wrote:I don't know if it would have had the same effect with James Woods. Hard to say. Tim Roth looked just innocent enough to make it work. Hard call there.

The casting was phenominal in that movie...

Harvey Keitel, Chris Penn as Nice Guy Eddie, Steve Buscemi (sp?), Michael Madsen, Tim Roth and Lawrence Tierney who was brilliant (same guy who was Elaine's father in Seinfeld for Seinfeld fans). One of the best ensembles ever, plus Tarantino himself as Mr Brown.

That's it I am going to watch that movie again this weekend...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have it on Blu-ray, the sound quality is terrific in the scene when Madsen turns the radio on (before the awesome ear-off-tearing).

The making-of is quite cool too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I might watch it again this weekend as well. Or Pulp. One or the other.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL!! One of my favorite quotes from Reservoir dogs: "D*ck D*ck D*ck D*ck D*ck D*ck D*ck D*ck!"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Hahaa. I've got Madonna's ***** in my right ear and Charlie Chan in my left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum