GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A thread for Burt the Dog

+6
PTFlea
SensFan71
SensGirl11
Jordo
Tuk Tuk
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A thread for Burt the Dog Empty A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Despite all the crap Eklund takes, today he has lost his friend Burt. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=67236&forum_id=1

I know all too well what it feels like to lose a furry companion, so I'd like to open this thread in memory of Burt.

2A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

The most trustworthy person on HB. You will be missed Burt

3A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I've had to put two dogs down in my lifetime, and I know how much it hurts. Burt was a really cool dog, and he'll definitely be missed.

4A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

My condolences to Eklund and his family. Very sad news. Sad

5A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

we all know how much it hurts to lose a lifelong companion like Burt the Dog, huge condolensces to Ek and anyone else that will be missing Burt the Dog

6A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We all know the feeling. It's horrible.

I wish him the best (both Eklund and Burt). Sad

7A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:We all know the feeling. It's horrible.

I wish him the best (both Eklund and Burt). Sad

Same here. Still have an old polaroid of my "Jinn" in my car.

8A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Knowing him personally, Ek would never in a million years do something like that.

Burt had been battling cancer amongst other things for the better part of 2 years, and up until a few weeks ago looked like he had beaten it.

Putting your personal feelings towards Ek's career and job aside, its a very dis-heartening thing to happen to a guy who loves/d his dog more than most people love their kids.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

9A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:07 am

Who doesn't have it out with Nelly4Life?

10A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

notch4077 wrote:Who doesn't have it out with Nelly4Life?

:excite:

11A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:30 pm

Still acting like a moron around here eh?

12A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

Still acting like a moron around here eh?

Neely! Dude...I may have actually missed you. Ahhhhh!

13A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm pretty surprised and disappointed at what I'm reading on a thread that was obviously created with the best possible intentions.
Congrats notch, you've managed to turn something nice into something ugly.
I agree with Zoolander's comment. Every post that I've seen you make seems to cause friction. I too would be curious to know your intention on this site.

14A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Just inappropriate.

I am by no means a "dog lover" although I certainly don't hate them; I just have enough 'animal' in my house with four kids.
I don't have a whole lot of respect for Ek, and the way he conducts himself professionally. But I (and most here) have the emotional and mental capacity to separate his professional persona from his personal one.

To most people, a pet is like a child (or very close). I'll bet you wouldn't say the same things about a parent and child.

I think it's time to back down - whether you agree with the rest of the group or not. This isn't a discussion that you will make any new friends with.

15A thread for Burt the Dog Empty Re: A thread for Burt the Dog Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:

:excite:

Then you haven't lived.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum