GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick

+5
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Acrobat
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The anniversary of Buzz's death is this coming Saturday July 25th. I would like to encourage all members that wish to show their support to do one or more of the following:

On July 25th - Change your Avatar to a picture of Buzz

Send an email to TGOR (mornings@team1200.com) expressing your sympathy to family and friends of Tim.

Write your comments in here so I can forward them along to the Team1200 myself.

- Unknown Author

2In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've put a reminder in my e-Calendar.

3In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:01 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Do we get to go down to the market and find some arm candy too?

(j/k - in reality, I find the show has really lost a lot since he left us)

4In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you have been missed Buzz, I am unable to listen to the show other than streaming online and the few clips that are posted under TGOR, but Buzz, you made the show what it was and you were taken away too soon. Sad

5In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:49 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't believe it has already been 1 year. Wow.

6In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bump. Tomorrow is the day. I'm changing mine early to avoid the rush.

7In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Likewise. I may not even be online tomorrow... RIP BooBear.

8In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Likewise. I may not even be online tomorrow... RIP BooBear.

I really wanted to use that avatar (the one you've got) but making it small enough to fit the avatar "cap" makes it near-impossible to read the inscriptin.

To those who don't know, Buzz was an avid (rabid?) Yankees fan. The picture SSF is using for his avatar was used by the Team1200.com site as the main page in memory of Buzz. The caption says, simply:

Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick
1967-2008
You will be missed.

9In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:24 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wish Buzz was a bit more into getting his pictures taken, the one prags has comes up a lot, I have not seen the one you have SSF, so unsure where you found it. oh wait, prags explained, nevermind.

10In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I've never heard of Buzz...is it an Ottawa area thing?

11In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:52 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:I've never heard of Buzz...is it an Ottawa area thing?

big time Ottawa thing, I learned about it from following the sens on Rogers Radio as they simulcast the team 1200 for hockey games, but Buzz was a huge part of TGOR (Three Guys on the Radio), I am not doing his impact any justice as I didn't listen to them every day, but do visit www.team1200.com, click on TGOR and listen to some of their archive songs they have on there, they are flipping hilarious.

12In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Nice touch Clutchie... class idea from a class group.

13In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:16 pm

From You Tube via Stuntman Stu's Blog....

14In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:06 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I really think this is a nice touch guys, to do every year! He marks the start of this site.

15In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Empty Re: In honour of Tim "Buzz" Kilpatrick Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Great Idea, I always enjoyed his show on Team1200. He was definitely a big loss to Ottawa and all the hockey world!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum