GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walter Cronkite, CBS news anchor - dead at 92

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Walter Cronkite has died. He was 92.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2009/07/17/walter-cronkite.html

I'm sure most of you are too young to even have seen a broadcast by him. Dan Rather took over the CBS anchor position in 1981.

"And that's the way it is ..."

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

He represented a time where the media questioned what the government said instead of just reporting it.

Godspeed, dude.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One of the greats, for sure.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am one of those ones that was too young to see this man do his newscast, but the name is epic amongst popular culture, I remember that line "And that's the way it is." and I never seen him on tv ever, not even in old videos on you tube or anything.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just go to youtube.com and type in cronkite. Lots and lots of tribute videos with highlights of his career.

Sp00nz wrote:He represented a time where the media questioned what the government said instead of just reporting it.

Godspeed, dude.

+1 Well said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum