GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Dale Tallon 'fired'--the story behind the story

+6
rooneypoo
davetherave
Flo The Action
PTFlea
dennycrane
PKC
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Eklund is reporting that Talon will be removed from his role with the Hawks... E5 these are usually right although it is Eklund. If this is true it is a huge shakeup in Chicago...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If this is true, what in the world are those imbeciles thinking?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Tallon has drafted very well for this team, but some of the FA deals have been highly questionable.

Chicago treated their last coach horribly, firing Savard two games into the season. Now after getting the team to the WCF, Tallon gets canned. It certainly doesn't seem like a well-run show in Chicago. If they were going to can him, why let him run the draft and get to July 1?

Something, apart from the RFA issue, must have been brewing for a while.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What in the Diddle?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Tallon has drafted very well for this team, but some of the FA deals have been highly questionable.

Chicago treated their last coach horribly, firing Savard two games into the season. Now after getting the team to the WCF, Tallon gets canned. It certainly doesn't seem like a well-run show in Chicago. If they were going to can him, why let him run the draft and get to July 1?

Something, apart from the RFA issue, must have been brewing for a while.

Potentially a difference of opinion on hockey operations? Maybe they want their own guy in kind of thing. Hard to tell. But this guy has turned this franchise around on the ice and put a team together good enough to go to the conference finals.

Very interesting development if this is true.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow? But there have been some bad decisions under his watch. Great draft picks sure but it is less of a crap shoot when you are picking in the top end of the pool. We'll see...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I guess we'll find out tomorrow? But there have been some bad decisions under his watch. Great draft picks sure but it is less of a crap shoot when you are picking in the top end of the pool. We'll see...

It's true. They are heading into a tight cap crunch for sure next year, and although there is no way in hell they'll let any of Keith, Toews or Kane walk away, they are going to have to pay one way or another to get rid of a Campbell/Huet.

Huet was a horrible signing.
Campbell was bad.
Havlat was a bad signing that got better, still bad IMO.
Khabibulin ditto.
Adrian Aucoin...

There are a long list of bad FA moves and certainly a crunch coming cap-wise. Add to these the qualifying offer debacle and the handling of Savard and I think there is enough reason to do this.

Maybe Tambellini gets fired and then hired in Chicago and makes a trade of Toews, Kane, and Keith for Heatley, Smith, and Schubert cheers

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:Maybe Tambellini gets fired and then hired in Chicago and makes a trade of Toews, Kane, and Keith for Heatley, Smith, and Schubert cheers

You said Tambellini, not Mike Millbury.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

is anybody thinking what i'm thinking? scotty bowman???

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Report: Hawks GM Dale Tallon fired

July 14, 2009
CHICAGO SUN-TIMES STAFF

According to Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the Blackhawks have fired general manager Dale Tallon and replaced him with assistant GM Stan Bowman.

An official announcement will be made Tuesday.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Haha, can I laugh yet, DTR? Dave Tallon and I are now at the exact same level -- "amateurs".

Clearly, the RFA goof up was the last straw.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Haha, can I laugh yet, DTR? Dave Tallon and I are now at the exact same level -- "amateurs".

Rooney>you thought I was kidding when I told you to send in your application for the job as GM of the Hawks...

This is not news...Tallon was on shaky ground for some time.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Haha, can I laugh yet, DTR? Dave Tallon and I are now at the exact same level -- "amateurs".

Rooney>you thought I was kidding when I told you to send in your application for the job as GM of the Hawks...

This is not news...Tallon was on shaky ground for some time.

I'd apply for the job...but I'm busy...painting...my horse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum