GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wiercioch beefing up

+9
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Mojo
TeamRenzo
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Wiercioch beefing up Empty Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/07/03/10018861.html

From the Sun article this morning- it looks as though Patty Dub is hitting the gym hard to fill out his 6'5 frame. Apparently he's put on 20 lbs of muscle since the middle of last season and is now pushing 200lbs.

Man I'm excited to see our defence in 2 years.

2Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I read that too. Thanks for posting that Jordo. I am really excited to see our D in a couple years as well. It's unfortunate we were unable to get that 5th overall pick from LA because with another D man we'd have our top four solidified for many years to come once they all hit the NHL.

- Unknown Author

3Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reminds me of that old Wendy's commercial. Wheeeeere's the beef?!?!!!

4Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He can play on my team today, but I would not be too upset if he gained another 10-15 before training camp starts. That shouldn't be so difficult for someone who is 6'5".

5Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:He can play on my team today, but I would not be too upset if he gained another 10-15 before training camp starts. That shouldn't be so difficult for someone who is 6'5".

I'm betting he hits the NHL at around 210-220

6Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Let him expierence the WJC, play on the biggest stage he can against the best compition possible. No rush in Ottawa with our blueline.

7Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jordo wrote:
wprager wrote:He can play on my team today, but I would not be too upset if he gained another 10-15 before training camp starts. That shouldn't be so difficult for someone who is 6'5".

I'm betting he hits the NHL at around 210-220

If he can hit camp at 210 I think he'll get a contract. Then it's a tough decision for him. If he puts on 20 then I'd be a little concerned about losing speed. The WJC camp starts August 5 (30 days from now). It would be really, really interesting to see his progress by then. If he's put on another 5-7 pounds then getting to 210 by the time the Sens training camp starts is definitely doable. And we'll be able to see if his skating has changed -- if not, then go fro 220; if it has, then perhaps back off a bit.

8Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:11 pm

He will be in the NHL at around 220 plus, these kids dont fill out till about 21, 22.

9Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:Let him expierence the WJC, play on the biggest stage he can against the best compition possible. No rush in Ottawa with our blueline.

We've got enough D now to let him play at the Juniors. I don't really care if he starts the year here, but I would like to see him here at some point this season. That said, I can wait if he wants to do another year in Denver, maybe take a run at the Hobey Baker.

10Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Let him expierence the WJC, play on the biggest stage he can against the best compition possible. No rush in Ottawa with our blueline.

Then, and only then, will The Name Dropper give him a fighting chance at NHLdom.

11Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:14 pm

The Hobby Paker is 100% within reach for him. I would say he is the odds on favorite at this point. A lot he can still accomplish in college and the WJC. At the end of his season sign him to an entry level deal and let him finish the season in Bingo.

I'll actually bet right now that is exactly what happens.

12Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've gotta wonder what the future of the Ottawa blueline holds in store for us.

I'd imagine guys like Phillips, Volchenkov and Campoli will be extended. In two years time we'll still have Kuba around and we'll be looking at adding Karlsson potentially next year, and Cowen as well possibly. Which leaves Weircioch where?

What about Lee and Picard? What about who we draft next year if we can't compete in the Eastern conference?

Our blueline is stacked with potential and veteran presence going forward. But how is everyone going to fit onto one roster?

13Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:The Hobby Paker is 100% within reach for him. I would say he is the odds on favorite at this point. A lot he can still accomplish in college and the WJC. At the end of his season sign him to an entry level deal and let him finish the season in Bingo.

I'll actually bet right now that is exactly what happens.

I'll bet you he didn't make this WJC because he plays in college. Why would he make it this time?

14Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 pm

He's 19 and probably the biggest and best defenceman Canada has.

15Wiercioch beefing up Empty Re: Wiercioch beefing up Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:21 pm

PKC wrote:I've gotta wonder what the future of the Ottawa blueline holds in store for us.

I'd imagine guys like Phillips, Volchenkov and Campoli will be extended. In two years time we'll still have Kuba around and we'll be looking at adding Karlsson potentially next year, and Cowen as well possibly. Which leaves Weircioch where?

What about Lee and Picard? What about who we draft next year if we can't compete in the Eastern conference?

Our blueline is stacked with potential and veteran presence going forward. But how is everyone going to fit onto one roster?

Dude, the size of him and his actually offensive tallent might make him the best of those 3, which is down right scary.

Kuba will be dealt after this year, he has a NTC until the end of this season and him being a rock back there will probably garner a decent return.

There is always room for that much tallent. Im absolutly stoked for the future of our blueline. If we didnt draft 1 D man next year, I wouldnt care.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum