GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What video game are you playing?

+38
Jordo
Da lil Guy
22_4_ever
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
sens4win
Number Twenty Nine
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
garblar
Devo
M_Christopher
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Phoenix30
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
caissie_1
Nasty Nas
Milkman
Mojo
beedub
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

736What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:38 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I haven't played Skyrim since the first night I got it.... don't think thats good. Might return it.

What platform? If you got it for the PS3, I might be willing to buy it from ya !!!

737What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:46 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I guess I don't like RPG's. I mostly play NHL anyways, so I rarely have time for other games.

When GTA 5 comes out though, I'll play that a lot.

These!

738What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
Dash wrote:I haven't played Skyrim since the first night I got it.... don't think thats good. Might return it.

What platform? If you got it for the PS3, I might be willing to buy it from ya !!!

Nope, 360. and if I get rid of it I'll just return it to RCSS in Kanata.

739What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Futureshop has a couple of the "move" bundles for $30-50 off.

The Little Big Planet 2 move bundle is $100 ($30 off) and the Golden Eye one is the same price ($50 off).

If you look at buying separately, the controller is $50 and the navigator is $30. The bundles give you a controller (the one with the ball on top) plus navigator plus the camera/eye. I haven't seen the controllers discounted more than $5 or so, so that's a really sweet deal. I'll be heading out soon.

740What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I ended up returning Skyrim, used the credit to buy a FS gift card, then bought Dead Island there.

741What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Quick question about Elder Scrolls. I saw "Oblivion" in the discount bin at the pharmacy for $20 but shied away from it because of the 'M' rating (my better half would not approve, plus my 9 year olds are sometimes in the same room when the boys are playing -- boys are 13 and 15).

Then I saw the Wikipedia article on Elder Scrolls and there they have the cover of Oblivion with a T rating. T, she can tolerate (they've been playing Uncharted 1-2-3 for a while).

How bad is Oblivion compared to Uncharted? I would suspect there's less foul language because it's medieval and all. Is it really violent? Is there anything else inappropriate (if anyone has their ways with any 'wenches' that would be totally out in this household).

742What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This was at the bottom of the wiki article:

Rating change

Main article: ESRB re-rating of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

On May 3, 2006, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) in North America changed Oblivion's rating
from T (Teen 13 ) to M (Mature 17 ), citing game content not considered in the ESRB review, i.e., "the presence in the PC version of the game of a locked-out art file that, if accessed by using an apparently unauthorized third party tool, allows the user to play the game with topless versions of female characters". [103] In response to the new content, the ESRB conducted a review of Oblivion, showing to its reviewers the content originally submitted by Bethesda along with the newly disclosed content.[104]

The ESRB reported that Bethesda Softworks would promptly notify all retailers of the change, issue stickers for retailers and distributors to affix on the product, display the new rating in all following product shipments and marketing, and create a downloadable patch rendering the topless skin inaccessible. [104] Bethesda complied with the request but disagreed with the ESRB's rationale.[105] Although as a result certain retailers began to check for ID before selling Oblivion,[106] and one California Assemblyman used the event to criticize the ESRB's ability,[107] the events passed by with little notice from the public and gaming journalists.[103]

So it looks like the M was for topless "skins" that could be hacked in the PC version. Am I safe?

743What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hmmm...topless huh? Thinking

744What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

There are some moments in the Dark Brotherhood subplot of Oblivion that would probably be pretty heavy for a nine year old, or even a 13 year old.

745What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:This was at the bottom of the wiki article:

Rating change

Main article: ESRB re-rating of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

On May 3, 2006, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) in North America changed Oblivion's rating
from T (Teen 13 ) to M (Mature 17 ), citing game content not considered in the ESRB review, i.e., "the presence in the PC version of the game of a locked-out art file that, if accessed by using an apparently unauthorized third party tool, allows the user to play the game with topless versions of female characters". [103] In response to the new content, the ESRB conducted a review of Oblivion, showing to its reviewers the content originally submitted by Bethesda along with the newly disclosed content.[104]

The ESRB reported that Bethesda Softworks would promptly notify all retailers of the change, issue stickers for retailers and distributors to affix on the product, display the new rating in all following product shipments and marketing, and create a downloadable patch rendering the topless skin inaccessible. [104] Bethesda complied with the request but disagreed with the ESRB's rationale.[105] Although as a result certain retailers began to check for ID before selling Oblivion,[106] and one California Assemblyman used the event to criticize the ESRB's ability,[107] the events passed by with little notice from the public and gaming journalists.[103]

So it looks like the M was for topless "skins" that could be hacked in the PC version. Am I safe?

do your kids play GTA?

746What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

...looks up the "topless" hack on Youtube......

747What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nope, no GTA. I heard things. Made me curious ... youtube, you say?

748What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I ended up returning Skyrim, used the credit to buy a FS gift card, then bought Dead Island there.

Ha. Dead Island is supposed to be kinda bad, plus it's "open world" and could be kinda considered similar to Skyrim. Honestly, Skyrim is going to be Game of the Year on every platform, you should've tried it.

749What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Quick question about Elder Scrolls. I saw "Oblivion" in the discount bin at the pharmacy for $20 but shied away from it because of the 'M' rating (my better half would not approve, plus my 9 year olds are sometimes in the same room when the boys are playing -- boys are 13 and 15).

Then I saw the Wikipedia article on Elder Scrolls and there they have the cover of Oblivion with a T rating. T, she can tolerate (they've been playing Uncharted 1-2-3 for a while).

How bad is Oblivion compared to Uncharted? I would suspect there's less foul language because it's medieval and all. Is it really violent? Is there anything else inappropriate (if anyone has their ways with any 'wenches' that would be totally out in this household).

Your 13 and 15 year old have definitely already been exposed to things waaaaaaaay more "mature" or graphic than anything in Oblivion, with or without the nude mods.

Basically, you're slashing at monsters and other "humans" with swords, and you'll see some blood.

750What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone know about this Uncharted 3 that all the kids are talking about?

751What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Anyone know about this Uncharted 3 that all the kids are talking about?

You're too old for video games, give it up.

752What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Anyone know about this Uncharted 3 that all the kids are talking about?

I just bought it for my kid so I was wondering about it.

753What video game are you playing? - Page 50 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I just bought it for my kid so I was wondering about it.

Oh Ok...yeah, it's supposed to be good: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception

For a moment, I thought you were trying to be "hip".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum